New CL Format | Thoughts after 2 games (pg13)

I know we're only 1 game in, so maybe a bit early to judge and I'm sure there will be drama in the last 2 games which they'll use to try and justify the format, but, it's a bit shit isn't it?

There's just no jeopardy to it, we could finish 24th and it wouldn't really matter. Play 2 extra knockout games to justify taking the 8 group games easy wouldn't be the worst trade off. I know we'll probably finish top 8 as you only need about 16 points but even if we don't it doesn't really matter does it? You're not out and you have to be United levels of shite to not qualify.

No narratives, no stories, we drew 0-0 last night and I haven't got a clue what it means.

Being there last night it did just feel like playing a game for playing a games sake. Win, draw, loss, didn't really matter to the overall picture, in that sense was it really a competitive game?
Very interesting, I can see this being a great game theory logic answer. I think you're on to something

I actually think the format has potential to be better than the previous group stage which had gone stale. I would have preferred it if they could have kept it at 32 teams and six games though, but as with everything with UEFA, nothing is worth doing unless there’s a pot of money at the end of it.

Glad we won it .. couldn’t give two fucks about it now.. PL all day long and twice on a Sunday for me … !

Aye the same Premier league that wants to destroy us .
There's a saying 2 cheeks of the same .. ..
Bit like saying I hate Lions cos they kill other animals but I love Tigers.
I want to win both , both the same to me

For all the clubs, it's another guaranteed income for two more matches, was 6 now 8. So the 'smaller' clubs It's a welcome boost. Apart from that the 16 teams that will qualify probably will be who you'd expect, maybe one or two have a mare and Brest, for example, sneak in.

But I know what would shake it up. Keep the four team league format but ditch the bloody seeding system. If Group A comes out City, Real Madrid, Liverpool and Bayern Munich then so be it.

TOOOOOOOOOOOOO big TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many teams. All about the fucking money for UEFA.

Play the kids in the CL until the playoff games. I seriously believe this will be how the strategy evolves over the years.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.