New CL Format | Thoughts after 2 games (pg13)

Pish we drew

What I did notice is you care less about other scores initially as you're not in a specific group.

More games, less rest, more injuries, less fun, more Thursday games, less Sturday matches, more impact on Premier league.
Only Thursday for this round?

To me the biggest weight is on the managers and staff, having to prepare for five additional opponents vs. the old format, and the players must do as well, and play two additional matches.

I agree that the onus/expectation is to stomp on the minnows while the big guns try to play to cagey draws.

I thought that the jeopardy last night was that it was better for both teams to not lose than to not win. Only time will tell if that is the case, we will need to see if Pot 1 teams continue to cancel one another out or if someone will be able to take advantage of playing a weaker Pot 1 team and top the table.

The big win for Bayern may also make a difference - will there be a pressure to thrash the weaker sides and match their goal difference?

On the other hand Celtic and Villa have had good wins from Pot 3 & 4 - that must give them a hope that the can progress. And Villa, may well be good enough to take points off some Leipzig (from Pot 1) and perhaps even Bayern.
Villa could finish top 8, you heard it here first

Neutrals will love it cos they get to watch City v Inter as opposed to City v Copenhagen etc...
As the brilliant Emily Brobyn said on 5 Live this morning 'this was a last 16 tie' which we would ordinarily have played in February.

My thoughts are it's another way to fleece supporters. Ticket cost me nearly £50 last night and there's still Watford in the LC to pay for and we're not even into October.

Just anticipating a negative headline later on BBC - City struggle in 14th place after match 1

Don’t like it. It was like this result didn’t really matter that much. Previously, if we had drawn at home to Inter we’d be concerned, because we would probably have to get something there to be sure of qualifying, but now it’s relax, there’s plenty of other games to get something.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.