New CL Format | Thoughts after 2 games (pg13)

We have more International shit coming up soon,more injuries possible.
Don’t get me started on international football.

Fucking came back from a tournament where some players had no pre-season and haven’t even got started really yet this season (Foden, Walker, Stones) or who are completely fucked (Rodri) and we’ll already have had two international breaks come next weekend.

Set of cunts.

The group stage wasn't perfect but I don't see how this new format solves anything. There are still plenty of meaningless matches and I haven't noticed an increased number of "big" clubs playing each other.
I’ve noticed more goals and less draws I think. Too early to tell.

It’s terrible. No jeopardy at all for any of the half decent sides. The old format wasn’t great but there was always 2/3 groups that were decent.Less teams eliminated but almost double the matches. There is no dressing this shite up I’m afraid.

Chelsea are playing in the conference ( I think ) and should win it even though they have omitted several players, including Palmer, from their panel.
The " poorer" teams in the new format are just making up the numbers and getting trounced by the big teams cannot be good for these teams and the competition itself

We won’t really be able to assess this format for ~5 years, when there’s been a chance for those weaker teams to reap the financial rewards and get better, and hopefully make some deep runs to break up the monotony of the last 8 in the previous format.
The weaker teams will reap the financial rewards compared to their domestic competitor's but while their domestic competitor's get 10p, they get £1 while the already wealthy get £100 it won't improve this abomination of a competition

It’s fucking shite I know we are meant to embrace change but this is sort of overkill too many games and just awful in my opinion..Uefa pandering and worried that the super league will rear its head again so came up with this shite..

The problem is you had to go back 12 years to find an example, and since then the concentration of money at the top of European football has just accelerated so these kind of groups were becoming once in a decade events.
From memory and wind ups sure, from wiki 2020 Munchengladbag made it from pot 4 to the knock outs. 2021 Sherif so close and Barca in the Europa coming third, 2022 Club Bruge made it from pot 4, 2023 Real Sociaidad made it as well and we had the delight of United finishing bottom. Granted thats only one team from outside the big 5 but it shows the "peril" that the smaller groups contained. You just needed 2 off games and you're gone, out of Europe by Christmas.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.