New company car

Mcfc_nathan_ said:
1961_vintage said:
Of those, I would go for the Merc. The beemer is a hard ride and quite aggressive (why else do you think most BMW drivers are such wankers!). The jag is a good choice if you are over 60.

Cmon mate outside now

You win mate - just hankering after me old 330d which I (sometimes) drove like a right aggressive wanker! :-)

dave_blue12 said:
I have just bought a C220 bluetech Sport with Premium Plus Package. The Jag wasn't available at the time so was not considered. CO2 emmissions are low £30 pa road tax but you will have to check out the Company car tax.

I tried a BMW 320d M Sport which was very good - the ride was not particularly harsh ( I have has an E46 330d M Sport and that was terrible). Auto box in the BM was brilliant - better than the Merc.

But I really liked the Merc and so went with that. I am probably a bit biased as I have had a few more Mercs than BMW and have just come from a 320CDI E Class.

I didn't consider the Audi for 3 reasons 1) Front wheel drive
2) Due to be replaced soon
3) It's an expensive VW, Seat, Skoda

Very pleased with my choice.

Totally agree mate about Audi, well screwed together cars but not in the same class as BMW

flb said:
dave_blue12 said:
I have just bought a C220 bluetech Sport with Premium Plus Package. The Jag wasn't available at the time so was not considered. CO2 emmissions are low £30 pa road tax but you will have to check out the Company car tax.

I tried a BMW 320d M Sport which was very good - the ride was not particularly harsh ( I have has an E46 330d M Sport and that was terrible). Auto box in the BM was brilliant - better than the Merc.

But I really liked the Merc and so went with that. I am probably a bit biased as I have had a few more Mercs than BMW and have just come from a 320CDI E Class.

Totally agree mate about Audi, well screwed together cars but not in the same class as BMW

asked for the Merc to test drive i think a bit more power in that ? i do like the look of the Jag XE but dont want to wait 6 months for it

mekonmcfc said:
flb said:
dave_blue12 said:

asked for the Merc to test drive i think a bit more power in that ? i do like the look of the Jag XE but dont want to wait 6 months for it

Quite like Jags-its just the Arthur Daly stigma about them, and how should i say it, perhaps a car for the more mature gentleman !

Never had a Merc so cant comment.

Had a 335d a couple of years ago, monster of a car!

Company cars aside, how are people buying cars these days? Is it better to buy cash or go for one of these pcp thingamajigs. I see a lot of nice cars about and often wonder how people afford them...

Batman said:
Company cars aside, how are people buying cars these days? Is it better to buy cash or go for one of these pcp thingamajigs. I see a lot of nice cars about and often wonder how people afford them...

Have my own Ltd company so it's company car for me, have a 520d M sport touring coming next month as the three years is up on my current car - an Audi A3 Sportback Sline TDI which has proved 2 small for my expanding tribe- now have a two year old and a puppy to contend with!

Back to your question- depends how much you want to underwrite for motoring every month , if you like driving new cars under warranty with hassle free motoring and change you car every two to three years and suffer no depreciation worries then PCP or Company car is the way to go.

Batman said:

Leasing

obviously everyone on this thread has their head up the german car makers arses FFS
hello-mcfly-o.gif

and the Jaguar XE is looking like its going to be a fantastic car - as far from the old man jibes as you can get

Jaguar_XE_unveiled_3031340k.jpg

and you'll be keeping scousers and black country workers in a job if you get one ...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.