New company car

DiscoSteve said:
obviously everyone on this thread has their head up the german car makers arses FFS

and the Jaguar XE is looking like its going to be a fantastic car - as far from the old man jibes as you can get

Jaguar_XE_unveiled_3031340k.jpg

and you'll be keeping scousers and black country workers in a job if you get one ...

Scousers and job in the same sentence?

*doffs cap in reverence*

DiscoSteve said:
obviously everyone on this thread has their head up the german car makers arses FFS
hello-mcfly-o.gif

and the Jaguar XE is looking like its going to be a fantastic car - as far from the old man jibes as you can get

and you'll be keeping scousers and black country workers in a job if you get one ...

Nice looking motor

Buying a Jag is still admitting your getting on a bit though !

actually that's bollocks - its being built by Brummies in Solihull with the Engines coming from Wolverhampton

flb said:
DiscoSteve said:
hello-mcfly-o.gif

Nice looking motor

hello-mcfly-o.gif

But buying a Bimmer is still admitting you're a tosser though... ;-)

DiscoSteve said:
flb said:
DiscoSteve said:
hello-mcfly-o.gif

Nice looking motor

hello-mcfly-o.gif

But buying a Bimmer is still admitting you're a tosser though... ;-)

Audi drivers became the new BM drivers years ago mate! ;-)

Jag are new to the scene , BMW have cornered the market in luxury saloons for 30 years.

I've had all sorts mate, Jap you name it but German for me all day long

Bump.

Just been given a £400 (give of take a few quid) allowance to get a company car. I can either do this through the company or take a lease out myself and have the amount paid to me as a salary increase.

Got a Merc C class I inherited when someone left at the moment.

As I know f*** all about cars, suggestions are welcome.

That Jaguar XE is one seriously good looking car. I've just turned 40 and would snap that up over a BMW or Audi anyday if the situation was ever possible.

Thaksins Love Child said:
Bump.

Just been given a £400 (give of take a few quid) allowance to get a company car. I can either do this through the company or take a lease out myself and have the amount paid to me as a salary increase.

First of all I'd take the cash as you'll probably incur less tax that way but look on the Web for a cash v car calculator.

I am about to order either a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV or the Audi A3 e_Tron. Both plug in hybrids and both around £60 per month tax in the 40% bracket (versus circa £250+ for a decent diesel).... no brainer!!

If the company order the Mitsubishi they can claim 100% of the car's value in the first year against their company tax

Win-Win all round I'd say

The Audi is probably the better car of the two but I have been in a Hyundai ix35 private car for the last couple of years so I will likely choose the 4 x 4.

The Audi A3 e-Tron is based on the 1.4 TFSI and does 0-60 in around 7.5 seconds and 140mph... not bad for a "green car"

Prestwich_Blue said:
Thaksins Love Child said:
Bump.

First of all I'd take the cash as you'll probably incur less tax that way but look on the Web for a cash v car calculator.

It's a major dilemma, the cash is tempting but so is having a car that costs you fuck all sitting outside (apart from the HMRC payment). I was offered £520 per month allowance or the car but take the tax off and its not so much. You also have all the risk if you take a lease and end up out of pocket if laid off, I know a guy who took out a top of the range Alfa and lost a bundle

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.