New Council Tax Bill

Band A is around £1390, the valuations are based on the 1991 market. I’m having to pay for my Dad’s house which is empty around £180 per month, it lists all the services he receives for his money, he passed away last year so I don’t think the he’s too bothered about “education” and “policing”, I still have to pay full rate. Single person occupancy gets a 25% discount, zero discount for an empty house!
It boils my piss at having to pay full council tax on an empty house in circumstances like that.
When my wife and I met, we both had our own place and received a 25% discount.
She moved into my house and put her house up for sale.
We did the honest thing and told both Local Authorities and were rewarded for our honesty with both of us losing our 25% discount!
We had to pay full council tax on the empty house until it was sold despite the fact that neither of us received any of the services listed on the bill.

Band A is around £1390, the valuations are based on the 1991 market. I’m having to pay for my Dad’s house which is empty around £180 per month, it lists all the services he receives for his money, he passed away last year so I don’t think the he’s too bothered about “education” and “policing”, I still have to pay full rate. Single person occupancy gets a 25% discount, zero discount for an empty house!
That's to discourage hoarding empty property for investment purposes.

No house should be left empty by a buyer or property developer. The house should be renovated and a tenant found asap. There are 1000’s of people and families desperate for accommodation, with houses empty across the UK.

Why does England have nearly 100,000 homeless families in Temporary Accommodation and 238,000 long-term empty homes? Just part of a wider vacant total of over 650,000.

If empty homes rates is a way to push developers to redevelop and renovate their properties faster, it’s a good idea.

It is to encourage you not to leave it empty. Housing shortage and everything...

Loads of nutters with empty homes.

That’s odd. When my Dad passed away we received a significant reduction as it was an empty house. Mind you it was about 10 years ago so perhaps policy has changed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.