New Council Tax Bill

It is to encourage you not to leave it empty. Housing shortage and everything...

Loads of nutters with empty homes.
House next door to my mum has been empty for over 20 years. The owner comes back once a year when he gets a letter off the council to come and sort the front garden out. Cuts the weeds down and disappears for a year.

Probably however having paid Council Tax and income tax for decades and not had cause to contact either service I'm quite within my right to do so.
My step son-in-law is a Fireman and a good friend of mine is an electrician, both checked the house over, and made sure everything was safe and compliant as we were selling the house.

My point is that we were penalised for being honest and had to pay 100% for an empty house without the benefit of the majority of the items listed on the bill but previously were paying 75% of this for a house that was occupied when gaining the benefit of everything listed on the bill.

Had we not said anything both of us would have kept our discount and nobody would have been any the wiser.
We didn't object to paying something but did object to paying for the majority of services listed on the bill that were not being used even though the relevant council were told that the house was empty and that it was in the process of being sold.

If you had bothered to read my post fully you would see the point I am making.
Got bored half way through it. Pay the bill

I don’t mind the rise if things improve but they don’t, can’t believe those cheeky fuckers in the fire service want an extra 5%, probably paying for all those extra rainbow flags ;)

I don’t mind the rise if things improve but they don’t, can’t believe those cheeky fuckers in the fire service want an extra 5%, probably paying for all those extra rainbow flags ;)
You ungrateful fucker, the amount of times I must have beeped my horn (oo-er) at you and your lot on strike when in Oldham too. ;)

Personally I don't mind as long as it doesn't up too much - its the rise in the water bill going up when you look at the destruction the fuckers are wreaking on our beaches and to our inland waterways whilst their directors trouser huge sums of our money. At least our council has started tackling the pot holes and the bins get emptied on time rather than making the beaches here unswimmable and unsurfable and causing mass deaths of shellfish

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.