New England kit for Euro '24

Germans aren't too happy either
From the BBC business pages

"
The German Football Association's (DFB) decision to switch the supplier of the national team's kit away from Adidas has been blasted by politicians.

The contract will pass from the German company to US firm Nike from 2027.

Economy Minister Robert Habeck said he would have "liked a bit more local patriotism", while Health Minister Karl Lauterbach called the decision "wrong".

The DFB said the deal made financial sense and would support grassroots German football.

Adidas has supplied the kit for the German national football team for more than 70 years.

However, according to reports in the German press, Nike agreed to pay about €100m (£86m; $108m) per year to supply the kit, doubling Adidas's payment of €50m.

The deal, announced on Thursday, was greeted with dismay by German politicians on the left and right.

"I can hardly imagine the German jersey without the three stripes," Mr Habeck said. "For me, Adidas and black-red-gold always belonged together. A piece of German identity."

I know it’s a recent trend to put insignia inside collars, on collars, etc, but IF you are going to do it, don’t “jazz” it up for the sake of (whatever)!

In short, DON’T FUCK WITH A NATIONAL FLAG.

While many can scoff at the seeming non-event, the flag is meaningful to millions of people. Indeed, one need only look to the fans themselves who bring their flags to games and the face paint on the kids.

It’s about time every day English people started respecting, honoring and admiring their flag and take it back from elements of society who may seek to hijavk it.

A bit of NATIONAL PRIDE would go a long way in England, given the long, slow demise under way.

I know, I know, Americans can go too far in their adoration of the flag, but it has meaning and is a symbol of pride. If you disrespect the flag in America, you should expect a living, even though it’s perfectly legal to burn it in an expression of free speech!

TAKE BACK THE FLAG!

And, certainly don’t let Nike and the fucking FA exploit it for commercial gain!

My 2¢ and out.
Well said

What you trying to say?
"Let's say I come to you and I say, I play for Manchester United and Manchester City. I'm Denis Law"
"I don't understand, Alan."
"I'm bisexual"
"What, you are are?"
"No, not me, Denis Law! No, not Denis Law! Er, Denis, if you're watching, sorry about that. Let's go for a drink some time. As friends. Actually, let's forget it."

My personal favourite bad argument is the “they wouldn’t do it to the (insert Muslim country) flag” one.

No they wouldn’t, because they are thrall to authoritarian regimes and/or religious fundamentalists. What a standard to yearn for! Longing for a situation where people are afraid to edit a flag out of fear. Yes let’s be more like that, aye?

It’s a bit like the old ”they wouldn’t allow this in Saudi Arabia so why should we allow it here” argument.

The answer is because our country isn’t a theocratic hellscape and we enjoy freedoms that are (maybe were) the envy of other nations. Honestly, sometimes I think people would be happier living in a country like Saudi Arabia as long as it had a Christian label on it. No, in fact, I know they would.
“Honestly, sometimes I think people would be happier living in a country like Saudi Arabia as long as it had a Christian label on it. No, in fact, I know they would.”

Good luck with that.

My personal favourite bad argument is the “they wouldn’t do it to the (insert Muslim country) flag” one.

No they wouldn’t, because they are thrall to authoritarian regimes and/or religious fundamentalists. What a standard to yearn for! Longing for a situation where people are afraid to edit a flag out of fear. Yes let’s be more like that, aye?

It’s a bit like the old ”they wouldn’t allow this in Saudi Arabia so why should we allow it here” argument.

The answer is because our country isn’t a theocratic hellscape and we enjoy freedoms that are (maybe were) the envy of other nations. Honestly, sometimes I think people would be happier living in a country like Saudi Arabia as long as it had a Christian label on it. No, in fact, I know they would.

People in the west are banned, cancelled and de-platformed for a myriad of things they say and do. The reason why this altered flag is probably going to get ditched is because it's a shit idea.

This isn't about Christianity though is it? or is it?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.