New England kit for Euro '24

How’s it a wrong? Do you remember the U.K. Olympic kit with a different Union Jack or have a look at Scottish kits that have inverted the colours.

It’s a total non-story.
In your opinion. How about I decide to put a black diagonal cross through the welsh flag , presumably you would would be fine with that aswell?? There's is no difference.

It's a complete non story.

The people telling you that you need to be angry about it don't really care and are just laughing at you.
I don't really care if they are laughing at me. I know what my national flag should be and what it isn't. How about some marketing fella put some red devil horns in City's badge. You would be OK with that I assume??

I think you are assuming quite a lot there. If you believe that incorporating a multicoloured, imitation flag on the collar of a football shirt will change the attitude of the bigots/nationalists in this country you are amazing me.

I think you should look at the post I was replying to. Was merely saying that it's untrue to say that it's going out of fashion to appreciate this country's history.

There has never been a St George’s cross on an England shirt that directly matches the flag though, there have been multiple that have changed the flags colours though. I’ve got no idea why suddenly everyone is up in arms about it (well I do, but that’s for a different thread)

I doubt Nike thought there would have been the furore there has been tbh given what’s been on it before that didn’t generate any noise at all at the time.
I know it’s a recent trend to put insignia inside collars, on collars, etc, but IF you are going to do it, don’t “jazz” it up for the sake of (whatever)!

In short, DON’T FUCK WITH A NATIONAL FLAG.

While many can scoff at the seeming non-event, the flag is meaningful to millions of people. Indeed, one need only look to the fans themselves who bring their flags to games and the face paint on the kids.

It’s about time every day English people started respecting, honoring and admiring their flag and take it back from elements of society who may seek to hijavk it.

A bit of NATIONAL PRIDE would go a long way in England, given the long, slow demise under way.

I know, I know, Americans can go too far in their adoration of the flag, but it has meaning and is a symbol of pride. If you disrespect the flag in America, you should expect a kicking, even though it’s perfectly legal to burn it in an expression of free speech!

TAKE BACK THE FLAG!

And, certainly don’t let Nike and the fucking FA exploit it for commercial gain!

My 2¢ and out.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.