New European Super League Breakaway Threat

For all those posters who are expressing their sentiments against the proposed competition , whether the idea of the competition is unpalatable or not, do you really think that City would refuse to take part ?

It would be financial suicide to do so and our owner is not going to go down that road.

It was obvious.
i see two leagues of 16 teams playing weekends
i believe we will play our domestic league games midweek.
just a reversal.

Last edited:
I too have a funny feeling were involved somewhere. But on the face of it, championed by two american owned premier league clubs and bank rolled by american bank jp morgan. Hmmm, seems to be a theme? Maybe we are actually pro UEFA here and part of a counter proposal?

Still, it doesn't even begun to address the already problematic issue of too many games. This new system ensures every 'elite' club plays what, 17 games minimum against other European elites? Great for the coffers, and for those clubs who can't guarantee being competitive every season, but how do the domestic leagues compensate for that, and why even should they?

Money is in the english premier league. That should remain the priority. Personally I'd probably drift away from football if European games became a larger part of our standard season,I just wouldn't be that interested so happy to leave it to those who are.

Until everything becomes clear and I can see it in black and white. Once I know what this European Super League is all about. Then, and only then will I make my mind about it.

The way things are and if this means that we will be unable to take part in the Premier League then I am definitely against this new European Super League. I really hope that we will be dead against it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.