New fans/tourists are embarrassing

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
£££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££

:)

Rather have tourists than some of the shite that come out of old timers mouths.

Without new fans we won't become profitable. And if we don't become profitable, we won't have strong financial backing for new players, stadium growth and so forth. These threads are shite. Anyone who lives in Manchester should embrace tourism. Surely our economies need it.

Looks like Liam now has a weekly anti new fan post. Last time it was pictures of asian rags and now its no pics but a thread about new fans taking pictues of themselves with snide shirts YCMIU!

I can relate to the OP.

I'm 21, the OP is apparently 19, you've got to remember that for lads of our generation, what attracted us to City was Maine Road. The authentic feel of the football club, wanting to be a part of the proper football club with real fans - in stark contrast to the alternative.

It's the reason we didn't take the easy option like 90% of the other spineless needy bastards in the playground and support the rags.

Blues of our generation in Manchester are few and far between, when I was in high school, in a year that contained roughly 200 kids, I could count the amount of blues among them two hands.

We were a rare breed in the 90's and early 2000, but it didn't bother us, it made our love of City all the stronger. We might be in the minority, and the rag kids might have all the trophies and glory, but that's all they have, we're blues, we're a rare breed of persevering hardy souls with one thing in common - a deep-rooted, immovable love of all things Manchester City.

Maine Road is what encapsulated us, enchanted us. The cobbled, terraced streets. The tightly packed stands with low roofs, the wide and imposing expanse of the Kippax. The wise old heads in the stands who knew everything and anything City, the way everyone around your regular spot in the stands was a familiar face, and usually a good friend. The feeling of despite the offerings on the pitch, you were part of something special, a 'proper' football club with genuine fans who truly cared about their club and likewise their fellow blues.

In contrast, United were sweeping all before them and winning the league and european cup treble while we clawing our way out of the third tier. Everyone you knew was a rag, had a replica kit and worshipped the eternal lisp, but didn't know who they were playing on the weekend or who they played last week.

The choice was clear for us - real tears and all football, over corporate, sanitised football with guaranteed trophies and shallow bragging rights.

It's what made us blues. The alternatives were not attractive, despite being exactly that to all of our friends and often our families.

We despised the shallow, spineless nature of the gloryhunting scum who'd call themselves United 'supporters' solely to attach and associate themselves with the success and glory which they were all but guaranteed for the rest of their pathetic lives.

But it didn't matter, because we knew where we stood and we knew that in City we supported a genuine football club with fans who'd bleed for their club.

Call it a trade off if you like.

For kids of our generation, it was essentially this choice as a child;

Trophies, success, and attractive football - but an entirely unfulfilling shallow existence comprised of daily attempts of explaining the offside rule to your fellow 'supporters' and similar attempts at explaining why United weren't playing the same weekend England were.

Or, joining the tightly knit family of tears and all football, roller coaster rides between relegation and promotion, but most significantly a feeling an immense belonging, you were part of a family, and the despite what was going on in the other side of (Greater) Manchester, you didn't measure yourself in trophies or medals because it didn't define you - it didn't make you who you were.

So you'll have to excuse the likes of us who see the similarities with us and the rags (besides the football) growing daily, and the masses of morally defunct souless needy wankers suddenly taking a liking to City and calling themselves 'blues', when we voice our resentment and to be entirely sincere, genuine disgust at these people.

I make no apologies if I've offended anyone, simply my opinion. Most will understand or relate with it.

Perhaps everyone should have their DNA sampled to make sure they were born within 2 miles of Maine Road.

You've all missed the point.[/quote]

Think you have missed the point that football is meant to be fun and enjoyable

Surrey Blue said:
You've all missed the point.

Think you have missed the point that football is meant to be fun and enjoyable[/quote]

oi - can't you read? your type aren't welcome round these parts. Now bugger off!......surrey blue indeed....pffft!

york away to this! said:
Surrey Blue said:
You've all missed the point.

Think you have missed the point that football is meant to be fun and enjoyable

oi - can't you read? your type aren't welcome round these parts. Now bugger off![/quote]

ha of course. I will be on my way

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.