New fans/tourists are embarrassing

mcfcliam

South Stand 118 and NOT the Blue Alliance Liam!
Now I know we need them to 'move forward as a club' but...

First thing I noticed when I got in the ground last night was the amount of tourists taking an unreal and ridiculous amount of photos, while wearing a half and half scarf!

One of them even tried throwing me out of my seat, claiming it was his, when his was clearly the one next to mine...this is my season ticket seat you fucking bellwhaft! His mate was infront of us so he wanted to be 'nearer' to him (?!?!?!?!)

Anyway, nearer to kick off, this group of about 15 people (all wearing snide City shirts) went to the front and had a big photo together and then started some chant of their own...WTF?! Why the fuck are you chanting something which has no fucking relevance to City whatsoever? It's like me turning up to Anfield and singing my own song!

The amount of times I heard this blokes' camera was doing my head in...I was going to sleep with the noise in my head!

mcfcliam said:
Now I know we need them to 'move forward as a club' but...

First thing I noticed when I got in the ground last night was the amount of tourists taking an unreal and ridiculous amount of photos, while wearing a half and half scarf!

One of them even tried throwing me out of my seat, claiming it was his, when his was clearly the one next to mine...this is my season ticket seat you fucking bellwhaft! His mate was infront of us so he wanted to be 'nearer' to him (?!?!?!?!)

Anyway, nearer to kick off, this group of about 15 people (all wearing snide City shirts) went to the front and had a big photo together and then started some chant of their own...WTF?! Why the fuck are you chanting something which has no fucking relevance to City whatsoever? It's like me turning up to Anfield and singing my own song!

The amount of times I heard this blokes' camera was doing my head in...I was going to sleep with the noise in my head!

I was as the bar against Wigan at half time and heard one American say to another, "Why isn't Adebayor playing?" to which the other replied, "He plays for Manchester United." Comes with the territory I am afraid.

maybe they won't be like that all the time. once the initial photos are taken on their first trip, subsequent trips will be less touristy. With our global coverage now there will be new fans so we will have to learn to accept/adapt that it's part of the club's growth into a global brand.

mcfcliam said:
moomba said:
Everyone is a new supporter once.

For the right reasons though e.g. family

I can't stand United's plastics so can't stand the ones we're going to get/already have.

I wouldn't mind but hardly any of them have a fucking clue about football.

There is no right or wrong reason to support the club.

The "embarrassing" new supporters of today may well be the season ticket holders of the future. They may learn about the club and the game, and become as passionate about the club as anyone else. Others may drop off, or just maintain a passing interest. I for one welcome them, and if I have to see a half and half scarf (don't really have a problem with them anyway in European competition) as a result then I'll just have to learn to cope.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.