New fans

leipzigblue said:
clowns pockets said:
leipzigblue said:
I do apologise for speaking of myself and fellow City fans as 'we'. From now on I'll say 'I and other people who support City', because I'm pretty sure I'm not the only Blue who is guilty of the above. Or perhaps you're unique and have never taken the piss out of a Cockney/Indian/Chinese Rag or worn a City shirt on holiday and pestered the local barman to put City on the telly. If however, you've never complained about 'new' fans, then I salute you, sir. But surely, WE are all in this together, are we not?
like fuck WE are,WE don't all try and convert locals when we are abroad etc etc etc,you might,i tend to mind my own fuckin business

Indeed, not every City fan tries to drum up support from locals when a game's on TV, and not every City fan, when asked which team they support, says that they're obviously City fans because they're from Manchester. In fact, I'm pretty sure not every City fan, when abroad, sits in a bar and tries to explain to the locals who support Utd or Liverpool that it's the easy way out and tries to justify his/her own blue persuasion. If I have offended you, then I apologise. But please tell me, if I am not the only one guilty of the above (and I know I'm not), which pronoun should I use to describe more than one person? My intention was not to insult any Blues, merely to highlight the occasional hypocrisy from football fans, something of which I've also been guilty.
chill pal,i'm pullin ya leg ;)

As a newer City fan, I wish we had a group like this in St. Louis!! I started following Man City around 2 years ago as I was a fan of Robinho's. Obviously that didn't turn out too well, but I fell in love with the Blues and there is no turning back!

I don't tend to post much but Eccles Blue knows who I am ....

Surely some of "us" are forgetting that "we" were not born with our addiction to City, it's something which was nurtured perhaps by family or friends or simply due to the warmth and frenzied adoration of the blue brotherhood within the Kippax.

Of course, some of the newbies are cringeworthy but remember the words to Bluemoon; the club presents them with a dream, a love, which they can make their own and believe in. That is what we as individuals where bitten by, be it 50, 40, 30, 20, 10 years ago ....

The newbies may be drawn by the carrot of success but Sheik Mansour didn't purchase the club to ensure that the die hard fans were comfortable with reminiscing yesterday's history (that said I adore both our history, my history as a supporter, long may it continue). The club is both an end in itself and a means to achieve wider investment goals ....

Think of how much the club has developed in three years and how far will we get !?* Remember though, that be it night or day there is always a blue sky around the globe .... catch on to the fact that the club is a global enterprise and the european elite clubs know we are coming ....

p.s. I'm not in the ITK by the way ....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.