New fans

leipzigblue said:
I just love the 'League of Gentlemen' mentality that some City fans have:

You can't be a true City fan if.....

a) you don't come from Manchester
b) you weren't stood on the terraces at York in 98-99

The fact is, as I stated before in another thread, we all try to convert the locals when we go abroad. We wear our shirts with pride and love it when someone who has no connection to Manchester watches the games with us. We do our best to spread the 'Blue' word wherever we go and yet, some of us complain when we get new fans who are willing to pump money into our club's coffers in order to help us become what we want to be.
The hypocrisy is unbelievable sometimes. Should the club check everyone's postcodes before they're allowed to buy tickets? The club is growing, we need new fans. Without attracting new fans, the club will die. Fact. it really makes me cringe when I hear this attitude. I know it's easy to think like this as we've taken the piss out of plastic rags for years, but they've deliberately marketed these people in order to milk money from them. I'm fully confident that our club will operate differently and attract fans who want to feel that they belong to something special......a local club which supports its community, yet conducts its business in a global way.

My sister and bro-in-law emigrated to Crete 10 years ago. In the time that's past since, the local bar "Taki's" has been converted into a Blue heaven and all the locals are City mad. On match day the flags go up, happy hour for all Blues, Rag shirts are banned and Blue Moon (with a dodgy Greek accent) can be heard filtering through the olive trees in the valley.

It brings a tear to my eye every time I visit.

They've never been to England, never mind City, but I'm proud as punch when I get back-slapped by Gorgeous Giorgios and the beers are on Taki.

They are true Blues in my eyes and god lov 'em.

Efaristo.

Dodge said:
leipzigblue said:

The fact is, as I stated before in another thread, we all try to convert the locals when we go abroad. We wear our shirts with pride and love it when someone who has no connection to Manchester watches the games with us. We do our best to spread the 'Blue' word wherever we go and yet, some of us complain when we get new fans who are willing to pump money into our club's coffers in order to help us become what we want to be.
The hypocrisy is unbelievable sometimes. Should the club check everyone's postcodes before they're allowed to buy tickets? The club is growing, we need new fans. Without attracting new fans, the club will die. Fact. it really makes me cringe when I hear this attitude. I know it's easy to think like this as we've taken the piss out of plastic rags for years, but they've deliberately marketed these people in order to milk money from them. I'm fully confident that our club will operate differently and attract fans who want to feel that they belong to something special......a local club which supports its community, yet conducts its business in a global way.

My sister and bro-in-law emigrated to Crete 10 years ago. In the time that's past since, the local bar "Taki's" has been converted into a Blue heaven and all the locals are City mad. On match day the flags go up, happy hour for all Blues, Rag shirts are banned and Blue Moon (with a dodgy Greek accent) can be heard filtering through the olive trees in the valley.

They've never been to England, never mind City, but I'm proud as punch when I get back-slapped by Gorgeous Giorgios and the beers are on Taki.

Efaristo.

YOUR not even from manchester, how can you validate another glory hunter?

Pah!

That's the spirit mate!

glen quagmire said:
Dodge said:
leipzigblue said:

Efaristo.

Pah!

That's the spirit mate!

Cheshire, actually dahling..

Dodge said:
glen quagmire said:
Dodge said:

Efaristo.

Pah!

That's the spirit mate!

Cheshire, actually dahling..

I bet you are from stockport!!! All citeh fans are from stockport, even the ones from newton heath and wythenshawe!

;0)

I honestly despair with some of the response to my posts on here.

It is like people read something, spot a few words they don't like and immediately drag up the most memorable, old, tired cliche in response, regardless of whether it fits the nuances or point of what it is responding to.

"We need money"
"Everyone has the right......"
"Everyone starts somewhere"
"Most people in these countries support United so it's a noble, underdog choice"
"Judge people if they give up when we are shit"

and other such cliches, none of which specifically relate to the main points I've made.

Oh, and then we get the insults.

Great stuff, FFS!

I know it is possible to have grown up debates on this site, I've had them.

This thread makes you wonder though.

leipzigblue said:

you keep using the word 'we',you really ought to speak for yourself

clowns pockets said:
leipzigblue said:

I do apologise for speaking of myself and fellow City fans as 'we'. From now on I'll say 'I and other people who support City', because I'm pretty sure I'm not the only Blue who is guilty of the above. Or perhaps you're unique and have never taken the piss out of a Cockney/Indian/Chinese Rag or worn a City shirt on holiday and pestered the local barman to put City on the telly. If however, you've never complained about 'new' fans, then I salute you, sir. But surely, WE are all in this together, are we not?

leipzigblue said:
clowns pockets said:
leipzigblue said:

I do apologise for speaking of myself and fellow City fans as 'we'. From now on I'll say 'I and other people who support City', because I'm pretty sure I'm not the only Blue who is guilty of the above. Or perhaps you're unique and have never taken the piss out of a Cockney/Indian/Chinese Rag or worn a City shirt on holiday and pestered the local barman to put City on the telly. If however, you've never complained about 'new' fans, then I salute you, sir. But surely, WE are all in this together, are we not?
like fuck WE are,WE don't all try and convert locals when we are abroad etc etc etc,you might,i tend to mind my own fuckin business

clowns pockets said:
leipzigblue said:
clowns pockets said:

like fuck WE are,WE don't all try and convert locals when we are abroad etc etc etc,you might,i tend to mind my own fuckin business

Indeed, not every City fan tries to drum up support from locals when a game's on TV, and not every City fan, when asked which team they support, says that they're obviously City fans because they're from Manchester. In fact, I'm pretty sure not every City fan, when abroad, sits in a bar and tries to explain to the locals who support Utd or Liverpool that it's the easy way out and tries to justify his/her own blue persuasion. If I have offended you, then I apologise. But please tell me, if I am not the only one guilty of the above (and I know I'm not), which pronoun should I use to describe more than one person? My intention was not to insult any Blues, merely to highlight the occasional hypocrisy from football fans, something of which I've also been guilty.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.