New fans

Some of the views on here are cringeworthy.

JohnMaddocksAxe, Your view that you have been a fan longer so you feel it more is based entirely on the fact you believe fanaticism and obsession take a long time to form. they really dont. Fans new and old should be viewed on there decorum and ability to support the club. where they are from and how long they have supported the club is irrelevant. Some of them may only have just heard of City, others have followed specific players who have now joined the team.

The best analogy I can think of is Bands, I've followed the Foo Fighters since the 1st album 15+ years ago. does that mean I more of a fan than the kid next door that found out about them 6 months ago and has Dave grohl posters all over his room, has all the albums and has memorised all the lyrics? of course it doesn't. It may be a Fad with them, only time will tell, but there support should be welcomed, not scorned.

As for people taking the piss out of those pictures of people next to the FA Cup, seriously who gives a shit, its footie fans trying to get a look at one of the most famous cups in the world, and that is an event that transcends which team holds that cup at the time.

I for one welcome all our new fans.

As a fourth generation city fan, I welcome all the new fans with open arms.
We will only know if they are true fans when the going gets tough again (and it will, all empires crumble, are you listening slur alex?), but in the meantime its only fair to treat them all as true fans.

One of my mates is a city fan because his parents bought him a generic football kit and city were the first team he found that had that kit. Some posters would have ridiculed him and slagged him off, but he has been following city for 31 years now and has had a season ticket for 20 years, travelling to home games from the south of england.
Is he a true city fan? Damn right he is.

Blue Smarties said:
271110_10150714287410455_208411345454_19664865_8149771_n.jpg

*cries*

Hey there. I'm from the Philippines. You could say I'm a new one since I started appreciating football because of Robinho and Fat Ronaldo(but of Robinho more).

In this goddamned country nobody plays football casually, we don't have a pro league, people didn't know we had a national team, and worst yet, majority of the people only knew football because of the fucking 2010 World Cup! The football they know is the handegg version, and people are NUTS over basketball, even though we're a fucking small group of people. What a fucking isolated country. So, nobody talks about football, and you can't watch football if it's not on cable TV. Pathetic place to be a football fan.

But for those other Filipinos who are lucky enough to see games, most support Man United. A mention of City and they'll hurl me with whatever fucking insult they can come up with. You can just imagine the flak that I had to endure whenever I mention that I follow City's games. They diss me if I tell them how majestic Silva is, or how hardy de Jong can be in the middle. They wear these red-tinted glasses all the time that it's futile to keep a decent conversation with them. I can't believe it myself, the Rag infection is pretty darn deep here.

Bluemoon is my only sanctuary. I think I'll break down in tears(seriously) if the same sanctuary that I visit everyday will shoo away the other 'foreign' supporters. Hopefully you won't, because I love it here.

tenententen said:
Hey there. I'm from the Philippines. You could say I'm a new one since I started appreciating football because of Robinho and Fat Ronaldo(but of Robinho more).

In this goddamned country nobody plays football casually, we don't have a pro league, people didn't know we had a national team, and worst yet, majority of the people only knew football because of the fucking 2010 World Cup! The football they know is the handegg version, and people are NUTS over basketball, even though we're a fucking small group of people. What a fucking isolated country. So, nobody talks about football, and you can't watch football if it's not on cable TV. Pathetic place to be a football fan.

But for those other Filipinos who are lucky enough to see games, most support Man United. A mention of City and they'll hurl me with whatever fucking insult they can come up with. You can just imagine the flak that I had to endure whenever I mention that I follow City's games. They diss me if I tell them how majestic Silva is, or how hardy de Jong can be in the middle. They wear these red-tinted glasses all the time that it's futile to keep a decent conversation with them. I can't believe it myself, the Rag infection is pretty darn deep here.

Bluemoon is my only sanctuary. I think I'll break down in tears(seriously) if the same sanctuary that I visit everyday will shoo away the other 'foreign' supporters. Hopefully you won't, because I love it here.
Fortunately for you mate Blue Moon does not represent the average city fan. I know loads of blues and they are decent and level headed and would welcome any new blue regardless of race, gender as if they were an old mate. The thing you have to remember when you visit Bluemoon is that its a forum and the very same keyboard warriors who may dish you would not say boo in the street. After a while you will note its the same names that come up with negative dross over and over again!

Maybe some of our "New Fans" would like a ticket for the Community Shield, because it would appear that quite a number of the "real cos we have been going longer" fans just cant be bothered with it!!!

grunge said:
Some of the views on here are cringeworthy.

JohnMaddocksAxe, Your view that you have been a fan longer so you feel it more is based entirely on the fact you believe fanaticism and obsession take a long time to form. they really dont. Fans new and old should be viewed on there decorum and ability to support the club. where they are from and how long they have supported the club is irrelevant. Some of them may only have just heard of City, others have followed specific players who have now joined the team.

The best analogy I can think of is Bands, I've followed the Foo Fighters since the 1st album 15+ years ago. does that mean I more of a fan than the kid next door that found out about them 6 months ago and has Dave grohl posters all over his room, has all the albums and has memorised all the lyrics? of course it doesn't. It may be a Fad with them, only time will tell, but there support should be welcomed, not scorned.

As for people taking the piss out of those pictures of people next to the FA Cup, seriously who gives a shit, its footie fans trying to get a look at one of the most famous cups in the world, and that is an event that transcends which team holds that cup at the time.

I for one welcome all our new fans.

We'd have been better off not winning the cup than let these newby glory huntin numpties stand next to it.

I blame Cook.

I just love the 'League of Gentlemen' mentality that some City fans have:

You can't be a true City fan if.....

a) you don't come from Manchester
b) you weren't stood on the terraces at York in 98-99

The fact is, as I stated before in another thread, we all try to convert the locals when we go abroad. We wear our shirts with pride and love it when someone who has no connection to Manchester watches the games with us. We do our best to spread the 'Blue' word wherever we go and yet, some of us complain when we get new fans who are willing to pump money into our club's coffers in order to help us become what we want to be.
The hypocrisy is unbelievable sometimes. Should the club check everyone's postcodes before they're allowed to buy tickets? The club is growing, we need new fans. Without attracting new fans, the club will die. Fact. it really makes me cringe when I hear this attitude. I know it's easy to think like this as we've taken the piss out of plastic rags for years, but they've deliberately marketed these people in order to milk money from them. I'm fully confident that our club will operate differently and attract fans who want to feel that they belong to something special......a local club which supports its community, yet conducts its business in a global way.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.