New Food and Drink Vendors for the Ground and City Square | Edible coffee cups introduced

I’ll be blunt. City treat the fans the on the concourses like sh*t! We’re 2nd class ‘CITIZENS’ compared to City fans who drink and eat in the corporate areas.(not having a go at you lot as you pay for that privelige)

To Khaldoon, Soriano, Danny Wilson, the Director in-charge of catering, whoever you are, and to anyone else who is remotely interested or can be arsed reading this at City.

From the OS.

The new artisan craft brews will be featured across all areas of the stadium, with local beers from the following local independent breweries available in both retail and hospitality outlets:

Thank you City.

I really enjoyed my Craft Beer on the SSL1 concourse yesterday. The locally brewed ‘Heineken Craft Beer’ tasted like piss and looked like piss. I didn’t need to buy any of the craft beers highlighted on the OS as there weren’t any to buy on the SSL1 and CBSL1 concourses.(are they classed as retail areas?) The choice was Heinken or nothing else.

After walking up and down the concourse trying to find a beer bar that didn’t have a massive queue stretching the width of the concourse, and as the food bars no longer sell beer because City don’t sell beer in plastic bottles anymore, I joined a beer cart queue near the tunstiles at the back of SSL1. With-in minutes of joining the queue the beer had run out and the staff manning the mobile cart didn’t know what to do, looked perplexed, and apologised. I then spent another 10 minutes walking through the beer bar queues, fighting the concourse crowds, until I found another beer cart on the CBL1 concourse. TBH there wasn’t much of a queue. What a find! I asked for 4 cups of beer as it meant I didn’t have to go through all that hassle again just for the privilege of buying a beer. The two people manning the beer cart were in their late teens to early twenties. They were obviously inexperienced and hadn’t been trained up properly. One after another the beer that was poured was just foam. I kept on handing the beer cup back and politely pointing out the cups weren’t full of beer. I explained how to pour a pint.(cup) The other person who was on the till eventually took over pouring the beer. Once againg the same thing was happening. In the end the 4 beers were poured. Sort of. By this time the queue for the beer cart had grown behind me.

I battled through the queues and crowds once again and carried the 4 cups from CBL1 to SSL1. By the time I’d got there the foam in the beer cups had settled. 1 cup was 60% full of beer. 2 cups were 75% full of beer. And 1 cup was 90% full of beer.(not a bad effort) So I was 1 cup of beer down.

Bar from the expletive above, there’s absolutely no point in me going on a pointless rant. Nothing has changed on the concourses. The beer doesn’t taste better. The service by mainly young, inexperienced, and under trained staff isn’t any better.(that’s not their fault) The organisation of staff, supervisors, and managers isn’t any better. The amount of beer carts on the concourses which isnt’t enough, isn’t any better. I could go on and on. In general, it’s just an utter shambles once again. And is certain to stay like that throughout this season.

PS. I didn’t buy any food/pies. And I wouldn’t have got a pie anyway, as they were sold out.

Last edited:
I got in early at CB lvl3 - first one to the bar, it was obvious they're all pretty new (COVID and all that with service staff shortages). Payment machine was on the blink so was handed over to another till which only charged for one beer not the two I ordered (at half price too).
To be fair to them, they seemed to get the jist of it quickly so queue's were never terrible, but they did run out of beer.

Another thing my partner noticed. I stand corrected on this, if incorrect? All the soft drinks are now sugar free (tax) at City. Some people will welcome this. But there are plenty of people who still prefer drinks that contain sugar, or more sugar/taste.

1629627684043.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone else notice that the cardboard cups gave off a chemically aftertaste? I thought the beer was off at first but was the same when I got a cider.
EL3 definitely. It was an appalling taste, but I think the sweetness of the dark fruits hid it. Could have been the pipes as well.

I’ll be blunt. City treat the fans the on the concourses like sh*t! We’re 2nd class ‘CITIZENS’ compared to City fans who drink and eat in the corporate areas.(not having a go at you lot as you pay for that privelige)

To Khaldoon, Soriano, Danny Wilson, the Director in-charge of catering, whoever you are, and to anyone else who is remotely interested or can be arsed reading this at City.

From the OS.

The new artisan craft brews will be featured across all areas of the stadium, with local beers from the following local independent breweries available in both retail and hospitality outlets:

Thank you City.

I really enjoyed my Craft Beer on the SSL1 concourse yesterday. The locally brewed ‘Heineken Craft Beer’ tasted like piss and looked like piss. I didn’t need to buy any of the craft beers highlighted on the OS as there weren’t any to buy on the SSL1 and CBSL1 concourses.(are they classed as retail areas?) The choice was Heinken or nothing else.

After walking up and down the concourse trying to find a beer bar that didn’t have a massive queue stretching the width of the concourse, and as the food bars no longer sell beer because City don’t sell beer in plastic bottles anymore, I joined a beer cart queue near the tunstiles at the back of SSL1. With-in minutes of joining the queue the beer had run out and staff manning the mobile cart didn’t know what to do, looked perplexed, and apologised. I then spent another 10 minutes walking through the beer bar queues, fighting the concourse crowds, until I found another beer cart on the CBL1 concourse. TBH there wasn’t much of a queue. What a find! I asked for 4 cups of beer as it meant I didn’t have to go through all that hassle again just for the privilege of buying a beer. The two people manning the beer cart were in their late teens to early twenties. They were obviously inexperienced and hadn’t been trained up properly. One after another the beer that was poured was just foam. I kept on handing the beer cup back and politely pointing out the cups weren’t full of beer. I explained how to pour a pint.(cup) The other person who was on the till eventually took over pouring the beer. Once againg the same thing was happening. In the end the 4 beers were poured. Sort of. By this time the queue for the beer cart had grown behind me.

I battled through the queues and crowds once again and carried the 4 cups from CBL1 to SSL1. By the time I’d got there the foam in the beer cups had settled. 1 cup was 60% full of beer. 2 cups were 75% full of beer. And 1 cup was 90% full of beer.(not a bad effort) So I was 1 cup of beer down.

Bar from the expletive above, there’s absolutely no point in me going on a pointless rant. Nothing has changed on the concourses. The beer doesn’t taste better. The service by mainly young, inexperienced, and under trained staff isn’t any better.(that’s not their fault) The organisation of staff, supervisors, and managers isn’t any better. The amount of beer carts on the concourses which isnt’t enough, isn’t any better. I could go on and on. In general, it’s just an utter shambles once again. And is certain to stay like that throughout this season.

PS. I didn’t buy any food/pies. And I wouldn’t have got a pie anyway, as they were sold out.
Chicken balti pies were magnificent.

It really was a shit show yesterday. I can’t get over how bad the service was. I have emailed City and I never do that.

There’s too many kids and not enough adults behind these bars .

For some of the kids would have been their 1st taste of work yesterday and any training they received will have quickly gone out the window once things start going wrong and customers are becoming irate as the queues are increasing .

I feel sorry for them and I’d imagine a big turnaround of staff as many will not return if all they are faced with is 100s of angry fans every week.

There should be a 2 to 1 adults (over 25) to kids ratio.
6 working the bar 4 should be over 25 imo.

Weren’t you in a corporate suite too? Shit in there as well?

Yes in the Mancunian. It was like a faulty towers sketch. Paid out nearly 50k a week before and then don’t know the difference between duck and lamb. Food was poor (soup was literally cold) when it eventually arrived. No puddings offered and 1 plate of cheese shared between six and horrendous drinks service. I kept having to go the bar and just say please just give me 3 bottles from that Fridge. I had to rush down my food at half time as was so late. They actually put down the correct plate at one time and I was about to start eating and they said oh no that’s for another table and took it back off me. It was honestly so bad it was almost comedy.

I give the club a lot of leeway and most who know me on here know I am not a moaner about what they do but I was fuming last night. My dad is due 2 knee ops and I wanted to make it special for him and of course it was nice to be together but even he said last night I would rather have had a bag of chips. The food was a disgrace.

The club really are testing my patience I have to be honest. Little things add up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Posts saying "why bother for poor beer and food". Well I arrived early at the ground because I anticipated trouble getting in. As it was this was managed by sympathetic gate staff letting people in when their phone ticket didn't work. I was told that there was half priced food and drink for getting in before 2 and it was implied that they would have new food and beers. Once in I was a captive customer. Obviously I won't get in early again and will drink and eat elsewhere beforehand, unless it improves. Having said that as I don't like to be too negative, the pies are good, the game was really enjoyable and great to see everyone. The concourse experience won't affect things, I'll just do things differently in future.

That was the only reason we were in the ground and why we hadn’t eaten.

The club needs to make a statement about the poor performance of the catering outlets.

I wonder when they’ll send out the next ‘match-day experience’ survey?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.