New highway code rules

Road Tax hasn't been a thing since 1937. Vehicle owners (myself included) pay a levy based on how polluting their vehicle is.

Roads and infrastructure are paid for out of general taxation and driving is actually subsidised in terms of how much tax is collected to how much tax is spent.
Oh i love the (non-existent) Road Tax line :-)

Road Tax hasn't been a thing since 1937. Vehicle owners (myself included) pay a levy based on how polluting their vehicle is.

Roads and infrastructure are paid for out of general taxation and driving is actually subsidised in terms of how much tax is collected to how much tax is spent.
I know. Doesn’t stop people saying cyclists should pay it though!

I am sure somebody will indulge you now.

The cyclist part of this change isn't the big thing for me, as I stated earlier it is just common sense driving of not cutting somebody up that you can see or have likely already overtaken 100 yards down the road, maybe I'm not so keen on the cycling in the middle of the road part, only due to the smart arse cyclist who will think it is his right to cycle dow the middle of the road for 8 miles with a million cars stuck behind him, rather than just taking control of the road at an oncoming junction to protect themselves, untaxed cunts :)
The middle of the lane is considered the 'prime' position for cyclists. The reasons I would ride prime is at pinch points where it their isn't enough rood to overtake me safely whether I'm over to the left or the in the middle of the lane. Also approaching junctions where it gives drivers at the junction a better chance of seeing me and also discourages drivers turning left from cutting me up. The other reason is to stay out of the 'door zone', where you can get hit by drivers/passengers opening their doors without looking. At all other times I will ride about 1.5m from the edge of the road, far enough out from the detritus, mud and crumbling drain covers.

The middle of the lane is considered the 'prime' position for cyclists. The reasons I would ride prime is at pinch points where it their isn't enough rood to overtake me safely whether I'm over to the left or the in the middle of the lane. Also approaching junctions where it gives drivers at the junction a better chance of seeing me and also discourages drivers turning left from cutting me up. The other reason is to stay out of the 'door zone', where you can get hit by drivers/passengers opening their doors without looking. At all other times I will ride about 1.5m from the edge of the road, far enough out from the detritus, mud and crumbling drain covers.
We have all had that happen, I hit one that hard I thought I had broken my leg, the line of the door went down my thigh and past my knee, I was taken to hospital in an ambulance and never regained the feeling in my leg for 4 hours, it was just a very very dead leg lol

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.