New highway code rules

Oddly, if the highway code changes or new traffic laws come into force, apparently the driver is required to find out and stick to it - you would think changes would be advertised or put to the media (stop them slagging City for a mo) so we’d know? I only recently found out a van based minibus is max 60 mph on a duel carriageway, 50 in an 60 etc. Wish I hadn’t got the 140 bhp version now!

I am sure somebody will indulge you now.

The cyclist part of this change isn't the big thing for me, as I stated earlier it is just common sense driving of not cutting somebody up that you can see or have likely already overtaken 100 yards down the road, maybe I'm not so keen on the cycling in the middle of the road part, only due to the smart arse cyclist who will think it is his right to cycle dow the middle of the road for 8 miles with a million cars stuck behind him, rather than just taking control of the road at an oncoming junction to protect themselves, untaxed cunts :)
What annoys me most as a cyclist is dangerous overtakes by motorists.

If a motorist overtakes me and immediately has to brake then it wasn't safe to overtake in the first place. Also close passes(<1.5m) really piss me off whether it's 20mph or 80mph. Worst one I had was a double decker bus doing around 60mph. It passed me within 3ft when the driver had the whole road to use to overtake safely.

If a motorist overtakes me and immediately has to brake then it wasn't safe to overtake in the first place. Also close passes(<1.5m) really piss me off whether it's 20mph or 80mph. Worst one I had was a double decker bus doing around 60mph. It passed me within 3ft when the driver had the whole road to use to overtake safely.
I do try my best as a lorry driver but fuck me some of the roads in the lake district aren't that wide and I'd have to be in the next field to pass by cyclists at the required distance lol

But overtaking and then stopping at a red light 30 yards down the road as the cyclist then cuts by you on the inside 10 seconds later has always seemed a futile move tbh.

I have to admit and I know it will come as a shock too many but I was a really aggressive cyclist lol not averse to kicking a car after it cut me up etc

I do try my best as a lorry driver but fuck me some of the roads in the lake district aren't that wide and I'd have to be in the next field to pass by cyclists at the required distance lol

But overtaking and then stopping at a red light 30 yards down the road as the cyclist then cuts by you on the inside 10 seconds later has always seemed a futile move tbh.

I have to admit and I know it will come as a shock too many but I was a really aggressive cyclist lol not averse to kicking a car after it cut me up etc
The most angry I've been was when I ended up kicking a taxi on Lincoln High Street.

Overtook me at speed and pulled across the bus/cycle lane and stopped at the side if the road. I thought they were dropping off so I pulled out to overtake and at that precise moment the taxi pulled a u-turn without looking straight across my path right next to a NO U-TURN SIGN. They knew I was there because they'd just overtaken me.

So close to getting wiped out, I was absolutely raging.

What annoys me as a motorist is some **** dressed in spandex holding up a big line of traffic and continuing like they’re in the Tour De Fucking France without occasionally pulling over to let some through.

Oddly, if the highway code changes or new traffic laws come into force, apparently the driver is required to find out and stick to it - you would think changes would be advertised or put to the media (stop them slagging City for a mo) so we’d know? I only recently found out a van based minibus is max 60 mph on a duel carriageway, 50 in an 60 etc. Wish I hadn’t got the 140 bhp version now!
Wow, that has been in for at least 12 years now lol You're lucky not to have been pulled over :)

What annoys me as a motorist is some **** dressed in spandex holding up a big line of traffic and continuing like they’re in the Tour De Fucking France without occasionally pulling over to let some through.
If it isn't safe for an overtake of a cyclist riding prime position then it isn't safe to overtake at all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.