New home kit?

Re: New home kit???

sweynforkbeard said:
Chick Counterfly said:
A pedant writes; I thought "sound wave" would mean "sound wave".

Thus;

istockphoto_533032-electron-green-01-sound-wave.jpg

^A sound wave. It goes up, then it goes down. It doesn't go up and down simultaneously.

That there stitching on the shirt is just a plot of stereo amplitude. Not really a catchy idea, or particularly visual. Presumably it's a recording of the fans.

Please give comprehensive details of the areas in which you are pedantic and the ways this is manifested giving examples where possible. For instance, if I was to list the ingredients by percentage volume of a packet of Asda Vegetable Lasagne (from the chilled counter, not frozen) would you be able to spot a deliberate error I might slip into the figures? I like to compare myself with those of similar mind.

Indeed, I believe I already have spotted your deliberate error.

On any chilled prepared food, ingredients are listed by order of volume (from most abundant ingredient to least). Only in the case of a few key ingredients, like meat, are specific percentages by weight listed.

Whilst it is true that a keen mind may construct a fuller picture by cross referencing this latter source of specific information, against the comprehensive (but self-referential) listing AND the additional nutritional information, short of the use of a centrifuge, no combination of inductive methods and mathematical transformations will permit one to arrive at a comprehensive, accurate, percentage-ingredient breakdown.

Chick Counterfly said:
sweynforkbeard said:
Chick Counterfly said:

Thus;

^A sound wave. It goes up, then it goes down. It doesn't go up and down simultaneously.

That there stitching on the shirt is just a plot of stereo amplitude. Not really a catchy idea, or particularly visual. Presumably it's a recording of the fans.

Please give comprehensive details of the areas in which you are pedantic and the ways this is manifested giving examples where possible. For instance, if I was to list the ingredients by percentage volume of a packet of Asda Vegetable Lasagne (from the chilled counter, not frozen) would you be able to spot a deliberate error I might slip into the figures? I like to compare myself with those of similar mind.

On any chilled prepared food, ingredients are listed by order of volume (from most abundant ingredient to least). Only in the case of a few key ingredients, like meat, are specific percentages by weight listed.

Whilst it is true that a keen mind may construct a fuller picture by cross referencing this latter source of specific information, against the comprehensive (but self-referential) listing AND the additional nutritional information, short of the use of a centrifuge, no combination of inductive methods and mathematical transformations will permit one to arrive at a comprehensive, accurate, percentage-ingredient breakdown.

Quite magnificent. You are indeed worthy of a place alongside me on the pedants pedestal. Let us together memorise the winning half time draw ticket numbers for the seasons 1987-2005 in the hope of trapping some less minutia minded soul with a welter of indisputable detail.

I must admit, I'm feeling somewhat trepidatious about the new home shirt. This sound wave idea sounds like a cheap gimmick. I'm sure that pretentious bloke who designs them will tell us all about its deep metaphorical meaning etc, but I can only imagine it looking gash. Like a throwback to those shirts in the 80s with the triangles / broken lines all over them. Surely it has been established by now that the best-looking shirts are the ones that maintain a simple 'classic' look, free of gimmicks.

Chick Counterfly said:

That's exactly what I was going to say.

Im told that the new home kit has got some kind of white stripe on it. It looks as though it is down the side under the arm. If i get more details i will let you know.

Chick Counterfly said:
sweynforkbeard said:
Chick Counterfly said:

Thus;

Fuck off Jamie Oliver !!! .......we've got the "Chick". ;)

From twitter

if you're interested, here is a photo of what may or may not be the new #mcfc home kit: <a class="postlink" href="http://lockerz.com/s/108754235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://lockerz.com/s/108754235</a> (thanks to @Jamstaa)

Kompanyon said:
From twitter

if you're interested, here is a photo of what may or may not be the new #mcfc home kit: <a class="postlink" href="http://lockerz.com/s/108754235" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://lockerz.com/s/108754235</a> (thanks to @Jamstaa)

If it is, I'm not a fan of the black Etihad and Umbro logo. Stands out like a sore thumb, doesn't go at all with the sky blue.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.