New home kit?

Dubai Blue said:
Looks a lot better in the video than it did in the previous pictures. Still far too fussy and overdesigned though.

The dots are reminiscent of the multi-coloured flag bullshit on the England shirt. In fact, those flags were originally meant to be all over the England shirt but they restricted them to the shoulders at the last minute as they thought it was a bit OTT. Shame no one had the same thought regarding this one.

Having said that, you can't see the England flags from a distance and I imagine the City shirt will be the same. So while it'll look shit up close on the average fan in the pub, at least the players will look the business.

And unless I'm missing something, the source for the "blue shorts" rumour was just some kid on here saying something like "OMG heard its blue shorts innit LOLZ" and everyone's taken it as gospel. Looking at that shirt, I'd guess at white shorts with thin chequered stripes down the side and blue socks with the checks across the top.

I agree with all of this mate.

Is that really true regarding the current England shirt? I had no idea about that, where did you hear that?

In terms of what you're saying about it being overdesigned, I can only agree - the back of the shirt looks a bit too busy, while I think the chequered pattern might look better if it was only visible on the inside of the collar. Having said that, it might've looked interesting if that pattern appeared as trim on the cuffs of the shirt.

Nicky D said:
Is that really true regarding the current England shirt? I had no idea about that, where did you hear that?
When it was released there was either a video or newspaper interview with the Saville Row designer who was behind it, and he said that he wanted the flags to be all over the shirt but the FA vetoed it at the last minute. I'm pretty sure there was even a picture of it. The FA let him do it to the goalkeeper shirt instead.

Edit: After a bit of searching, I've found it:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.creativereview.co.uk/cr-blog/2010/september/peter-saville-interview-new-england-shirt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.creativereview.co.uk/cr-blog ... land-shirt</a>
In fact, it hasn't quite gone the distance. Saville originally wanted the pattern to cover the entire shirt. In the final version, it just covers the neck and shoulders, much of which will be obscured by the players' names. Umbro are to bring out a limited edition version with the pattern covering the entire shirt. The full pattern also appears on the black goalkeepers' jersey, but without the colours.
5041949534_d90aef1104.jpg

5041949560_51749ef487.jpg

Dubai Blue said:
Nicky D said:
When it was released there was either a video or newspaper interview with the Saville Row designer who was behind it, and he said that he wanted the flags to be all over the shirt but the FA vetoed it at the last minute. I'm pretty sure there was even a picture of it. The FA let him do it to the goalkeeper shirt instead.
i thought Peter Saville designed it ?

blue dallas said:
Dubai Blue said:
Nicky D said:
Same same ;-)

Dubai Blue said:
Nicky D said:

Edit: After a bit of searching, I've found it:
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.creativereview.co.uk/cr-blog/2010/september/peter-saville-interview-new-england-shirt" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.creativereview.co.uk/cr-blog ... land-shirt</a>
In fact, it hasn't quite gone the distance. Saville originally wanted the pattern to cover the entire shirt. In the final version, it just covers the neck and shoulders, much of which will be obscured by the players' names. Umbro are to bring out a limited edition version with the pattern covering the entire shirt. The full pattern also appears on the black goalkeepers' jersey, but without the colours.

Aha - much better that it didn't! I actually think that shirt as it i looks good, and the City shirt'll look much better in the flesh, as well as when modelled by the players. Can't say yet whether I'll buy it though - might just pick up one of last season's on the cheap.

I'm a big fan of the England kit. I thought Saville had finally lost it when I first saw it, but it has grown on me tremendously.

Franny Lee's Barrel Chest said:
I wonder if the dots on the front are to replicate the "Airtex" fabric used in the 70s?
It's Bluemoon in sound waves or something of the sort.

Dubai Blue said:
blue dallas said:
Dubai Blue said:
Same same ;-)

More like Jimmy Saville tbh

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.