New I-Phone 4

Blue Maverick said:
quiet_riot said:
VJRSD.jpg
Like that very good, oh and new iPhone won't be out until end of year at the earliest.

It will sell by the bucket load to those who simply can't be seen with an iPhone 4 ;-)

rushts said:
BulgarianPride said:
rushts said:
The dilemma you have is do you jailbreak it, if you do, it invalidates the warranty but you can download pretty much all apps for free. I took a chance and did my Iphone and Ipad on the same day i got them and never had a problem. But i did my wifes, she has an unrelated problem with her phone and is worried about taking it back for swapping.

Thats the gamble.

ps, don't let the HTC gang put you off, bar not having flash player the Iphone is superior :-)

I am sorry but jailbreak does not do anything to the warranty. At anytime you can reset it using itunes, it will be back to normal. Reset your wifes iphone, sorry icrap, using itunes. Won't have any problem replacing it then.

Are you 100% that resetting through Itunes doesn't leave any files or 'fingerprints' on my wife icrap ?
I got told it did, if you are sure i'll reset it and take it back !!

Do you think apple checks every iphone for "fingerprints"? They them selfs would hard reboot it, ( flashes everything) before they refurbish it and put it back on the market.

They can't sue you for jailbreaking, its your property you are allowed to do whatever you want to it. At most they will send your wifes phone back. Just reset it, and send it to apple. I don't think you would have any problems.

Jailbreaking is not illegal.

To answer you question, i don't know. Reseting puts it back to its original software state. If it leaves anything behind, i don't think apple will be checking the millions of iphones sent back to them.

Interesting article this week about smartphones
It was all about the viruses they have been subjected to, particularly through apps
Oddly enough the only phones that had been attacked were Android phones and jail broken iPhones

squirtyflower said:
It was all about the viruses they have been subjected to, particularly through apps
Oddly enough the only phones that had been attacked were Android phones and jail broken iPhones

link?

BulgarianPride said:
squirtyflower said:

link?
It was on the BBC on Monday morning

BulgarianPride said:
rushts said:
BulgarianPride said:
I am sorry but jailbreak does not do anything to the warranty. At anytime you can reset it using itunes, it will be back to normal. Reset your wifes iphone, sorry icrap, using itunes. Won't have any problem replacing it then.

Are you 100% that resetting through Itunes doesn't leave any files or 'fingerprints' on my wife icrap ?
I got told it did, if you are sure i'll reset it and take it back !!

Do you think apple checks every iphone for "fingerprints"? They them selfs would hard reboot it, ( flashes everything) before they refurbish it and put it back on the market.

They can't sue you for jailbreaking, its your property you are allowed to do whatever you want to it. At most they will send your wifes phone back. Just reset it, and send it to apple. I don't think you would have any problems.

Jailbreaking is not illegal.

To answer you question, i don't know. Reseting puts it back to its original software state. If it leaves anything behind, i don't think apple will be checking the millions of iphones sent back to them.

I'm of the same view mate, i think it should be ok, but knowing my luck the're would be some diagnostic test they do in store. I'll take it back though and see what happens .

Good choice and when IOS5 is released in the next few weeks you won't need to sync to iTunes and you will get free iCloud.

People are quick to decry Apple but if you can make your way to an Apple store a geek incorrectly labelled as a Genius will show you everything you want to know for free. Also should your phone develop any problem in the first year that same geek will swap it for a new one.

Now I've got an upgrade due in August and don't know what to go for? The IPhone 4 or HTC Desire HD ?

squirtyflower said:

I'll just leave this here:

<a class="postlink" href="http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8349905.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/8349905.stm</a>

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.