new kit '14-'15

Status
Not open for further replies.
jimharri said:
mannion18 said:
I know that i am going to come across as abit of a dick here, but oh well.
Do people enjoy watching the team currently put out that has cost millions?
We are all ment to do our bit to help finance this team.
Tickets, beers, pies and SHIRTS.
So why do so many people promote where they are buying their fake shirts from?
You might think your £55 might not matter but it all adds up.

Or which could be the case, am i missing something? Do city not recieve £ from the sales of these shirts or from nike who make the shirts?
To be fair, you have a point. However;
A. Some folks simply can't afford the cost of a genuine replica shirt. If a father has a couple of young kids (who wouldn't be old enough to appreciate that they are wearing fakes) and they want this year's shirt, what is he to do? And

B. In these megabucks days, they (yep; them again) reckon that even ticket revenue forms a small percentage of a top 4 club's overall income. Take City, for instance. For your average home game, we'll average around 45k at an average ticket price of, what, £40-50? That would amount to £1.8m - £2.5m. How many lost shirt sales would that equate to (not sure what cut the club gets from each £55 shirt; a tenner, maybe?). That's between 180 -225k potential replica shirts out there; highly unlikely. Sponsorship, corporate hospitality, TV rights, CL prize money and yes, to a small degree, merchandising all make up the vast bulk of a club like City's revenue. Let's just say, I don't think it's all about to go tits up due to those replica shirts floating around!

Whilst i understand what you are saying, my parents made me realise from
A young age how much these shirts were and if i wanted one it would be for birthdays or christmas & they would not have bought me one drom "del boy" down the market.
I know its not going to make much of a difference to our bottom line but why should the club spend so much if some fans are not willing to buy all things city from city? We would be the 1st to complain (& we have many times) if they decided to save afew quid and buy a second rate player.
There will be the counter argument about spending enough at city and that is fair enough, but why encourage others to spend less on legit merchandise? If people want fakes im sure they have the ability to find them themselves.

mannion18 said:
I know that i am going to come across as abit of a dick here, but oh well.
Do people enjoy watching the team currently put out that has cost millions?
We are all ment to do our bit to help finance this team.
Tickets, beers, pies and SHIRTS.
So why do so many people promote where they are buying their fake shirts from?
You might think your £55 might not matter but it all adds up.
Or which could be the case, am i missing something? Do city not recieve £ from the sales of these shirts or from nike who make the shirts?
Just to put it simply mate city probably get about a fiver a shirt .
I have two teenagers who both wanted this years home and away with champs badges so £60x4 £240 less 10% s/t discount total £216 . city's cut £20
Plain truth no way could I afford that .the shirts were ordered from China at a cost inc printing of £40 for the 4 a saving of £176 !!
City lost out on their £20 BUT they gained £176 with the season tickets I bought with the saving as I couldn't afford to renew
So in our case city have 3 match day fans paying carparking programmes food etc by making the savings on the shirts
Everyone has to cut their cloth and this is what we have decided to do

I know im facing a losing battle with this and i should just give up, but i'll take one last attempt.
Im trying to say people should not promote the purchase of fake stuff. Everyone has their reasons to buy from china etc but i just dont think its right that people are openly promoting it.

mannion18 said:
I know im facing a losing battle with this and i should just give up, but i'll take one last attempt.
Im trying to say people should not promote the purchase of fake stuff. Everyone has their reasons to buy from china etc but i just dont think its right that people are openly promoting it.

Its fine as long as you buy a few rag shirts aswell and rip the cunts off for them.

mannion18 said:
I understand your point about promoting it but the fact is just by entering a simple search on Google its there for all
My take on fake stuff in general is the copies are usually of items that greedy firms have priced too highly hence why they are copied.people would never buy the genuine product as they couldn't afford them so by buying the copies it dosnt hit the proper firms as they wouldn't be getting any money any way .
Providing when you buy something you are fully aware its a copy and not been sold fake as real I don't have a problem

So when is our third kit being launched? Cup Away is it? We play Bayern this Wednesday ...

Airbus said:
So when is our third kit being launched? Cup Away is it? We play Bayern this Wednesday ...
probably on the same day, wasn't it same last year that it was published the same day we played Plzen away?

mrtwiceaseason said:
mannion18 said:
I understand your point about promoting it but the fact is just by entering a simple search on Google its there for all
My take on fake stuff in general is the copies are usually of items that greedy firms have priced too highly hence why they are copied.people would never buy the genuine product as they couldn't afford them so by buying the copies it dosnt hit the proper firms as they wouldn't be getting any money any way .
Providing when you buy something you are fully aware its a copy and not been sold fake as real I don't have a problem

The official replica shirts aren't the same as the players either though are they?

for all the people that moan about our kits here is the columbian womens cycling kit

<a class="postlink" href="https://twitter.com/Ultimo_km1/status/510493354090835968/photo/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">https://twitter.com/Ultimo_km1/status/5 ... 68/photo/1</a>

now they have something to moan about

My middle child has had the home kit on every time I have seen her for the last few weeks. Loves it. She is only 9 but reminds me of Pam off here. She absolutely hates the rags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.