new kit '14-'15

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't get people who blame Nike for the blue shorts.

Rule 2, section 35 of the World Cup 2014 regulations states: “Each team shall inform FIFA of two different and contrasting colours (i.e. strips). One predominately dark and one predominately light for its official and reserve kit.”

That's why Italy wore blue shorts in the world cup. It's why Germany wore white shorts in the world cup. It's why Holland wore Orange shorts in the world cup. It's why England wore white shorts in the world cup.

The Clubs and Manufacturers are simply pre-empting this happening to the club game as well.

OB1 said:
Looks better when you see it on Vinnie etc and rather better than all the leaked stuff - much of which I assume is fake.

I think Nike have better templates than one used but it is way better than lots of kits we have had.

The traditionalist in my would bemoan the absence of white but we have had sky blue shorts before and we have had the dark blue trim so the current combo is hardly an outrageous departure. Also the dark blue trim does make the kit a little more imposing looking.

Worst thing remains the shield.

Wmah, you're hardly build as Kompany anyway. See you at Wembley in 4 weeks?

BatBlue said:
The Pope said:
It just looks like we're stepping out for a fucking away match wearing blue shorts.
If people think others are getting precious about it fair enough, I think you should actually care more, but I for one will be writing to Nike about it. Are they trying to evoke memories of the title winning season 3 years ago? We just won it! Makes no sense at all.
The rest of the design is fine imo, I appreciate it can't be the 2009/10 kit each year even though personally white trim with collars would be heaven !

Let us all know where writing to Nike gets you.

I will pal and I am 99.9% sure it'll be nowhere but I don't want to be a lame sheep and just accept everything. I think it's important to make a stand about things you care about. You don't obviously.

croasdale said:
I don't get people who blame Nike for the blue shorts.

Rule 2, section 35 of the World Cup 2014 regulations states: “Each team shall inform FIFA of two different and contrasting colours (i.e. strips). One predominately dark and one predominately light for its official and reserve kit.”

That's why Italy wore blue shorts in the world cup. It's why Germany wore white shorts in the world cup. It's why Holland wore Orange shorts in the world cup. It's why England wore white shorts in the world cup.

The Clubs and Manufacturers are simply pre-empting this happening to the club game as well.

The only reason that rule was brought in is because Sony were one of the major sponsors of the World Cup and they wanted to sell a few more HD TV's. They think all in one colour kits aren't as distinguisable on standard definition as in HD.

It's actually been a shit feature of the World Cup. Who would prefer Brazil in white shorts to blue? Looks weird Germany playing in an England kit. The sponsors are just poking their nose in where it doesn't belong. Football managed just fine for 130 years before TV manufacturers in Japan started telling teams what to wear.

If you don't like it,don't buy it it really is that simple.

I don't care if they played in pink and blue spots so long as they are competing for trophies.

People getting in a flap about a football kit. I just don't understand it

JoeMercer'sWay said:
Positives

It looks slightly better quality than last season's, although that isn't difficult.
the shirt itself is actually quite smart, I think the design is ok.
Blue socks.

Negatives

The shield, makes it an automatic no-buy.
blue shorts, awful.

So in essence, if it had a proper badge and white shorts I'd buy it, that's a big step forward from last year, I just hope it doesn't sell well so they bother to do everything right next year.

What difference do the shorts make to whether the shirt is buyable? Please tell me you don't buy/wear the shorts.

I agree about the shield though and will reserve judgement until I see it in the flesh.

Oh and yes I'd much prefer the team to wear white shorts too, esp at home. But matching shorts seems to be the fashion these days and since we've now had blue a few times now then I can see why it can be seen to be somewhat "traditional". No white anywhere is going to be a bit of a shock though and rather than reminding me or anyone else of Coventry, I'd say it's more reminiscent of some of the all blue away kits that we've seen recently like Spurs... It looked good on them tbf and as for our global image then let's face it, it's about the pale blue colour more than anything else so no change there.

As for the NAVY trim on the shirt/socks I've no problem at all since we've had that many times before and it can/does look good.

All in all I'm more impressed now I've seen better photos minus carpets/laminate floor/hangers and it's a maybe as to whether I buy it or not depending on how it looks on and when/whether it's reduced from the silly RRP. I'm not paying that much for any T shirt, City or not.

FTR the only City kits (shirts) I own are from '94 and '09. But I also admit to having a pair of the '09 (maroon top) socks that I wear on winter evenings at the game. Sad but true and they did have maroon tops!

Roll on the new season...

Wouldn't look out of place on a London market stall.

Would still be over priced though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.