new kit

manchestercityhome.png
manchestercityaway.png
manchestercitythird.png

LOVE the new kits, especially if the Home Shirt collar is actually blue vice the white one we have previously seen. However, am I the only who things the third kit looks like a new-fangled Wolves jersey? I would prefer the trim to be the traditional red with the black, with ETIHAD in white (black, red, white! Sorted AND traditional). With the gold trim, I just get the feeling it is a short-timer and "quick buck" shirt that will be long gone in a season or two.

Anyway, splitting hairs! TOP KITS FOR A TOP TEAM! WIll be interested to see what the peripherals will be, too (training shirts, sweats, etc...) as I often like them as much, if not more, than the game shirts.

Cheers

cooke63 said:
Clubber said:
MattyBlue20 said:
Ken Shabby said:
Came across these from a (usually) reliable source. But don't quote me!

manchestercityhome.png
manchestercityaway.png
manchestercitythird.png

these are awesome, anyone know what long sleeve detail will look like? or what the back will?

I'm assuming the same as these with a bit of extra material on the arm bits.
lol,you asked for that!

what i ment was are they going to be cuffed like the two previous years or a cm think elastic ending like the year before that. Doesn't seem so stupid now does it?

phoenixxblue said:
I dont see how anything other than the current badge could be more ideal for us. Ok - get rid of the Eagle and stars, but what could be better for Manchesters only football team than the crset of the City of Manchester. I just dont get this thing with the red rose. I am a Mancunian and I dont regard myself as coming from "Lancashire". If you go abroad and someone asks you where you come from you say Manchester not Lancashire.

Greater Manchester is where we are from not Lancashire anymore. Drive from anywhere into the area and the signs say "welcome to Greater Manchester" drive toward Blackburn and they say Lancashire.

not my fault! said:
phoenixxblue said:
I dont see how anything other than the current badge could be more ideal for us. Ok - get rid of the Eagle and stars, but what could be better for Manchesters only football team than the crset of the City of Manchester. I just dont get this thing with the red rose. I am a Mancunian and I dont regard myself as coming from "Lancashire". If you go abroad and someone asks you where you come from you say Manchester not Lancashire.

Greater Manchester is where we are from not Lancashire anymore. Drive from anywhere into the area and the signs say "welcome to Greater Manchester" drive toward Blackburn and they say Lancashire.

Changed my mind.... Found this!

http://www.abcounties.co.uk/counties/list.htm

But I'm still not from Lancashire whatever the list says.... Grrrrrrrr.

phoenixxblue said:

Have a closer look at Manchester's coat of arms. There are two Lancashire / red roses. By your reasoning, they ought to be removed from Manchster's coat of arms. Why keep the clipper ship? Manchester is no longer a port city of remark, nor does it rely on the sea for trade as in times past. Do you regard yourself - as a Mancunian - of having an unbreakable millenia-long connection with matters maritime? As for that Lion and the Stag! It's been donkeys years since I saw a stag wandering down Great Ancoats. Lets get rid of the Lion and the Unicorn. Not sure about the Latin, no bugger speaks it. There's greater grounds (longevity) for having a red rose than there is the ship (both of which are on Manchster's coat of arms), but you want to keep the ship. You concede that maybe the eagle ought to go, but have you been pretty happy with it overall? The link to Rome ended 1600 years ago, it was only 30 years ago (1974) that some politicians and civil-servants ponced around with centuries-old counties across England.

Is the real hostility to the red rose because it is associated with yonners and the hills and "aye-up" thickiness and cosmopolitan, civilized, Mancunians do not like to be reminded of their origins as a city?

edit: I was being facetious about the stag (and lion). There are various reasons why elements in any arms are present, some put into concrete form abstracts, virtues, associated with the device, e.g. an owl = wisdom (Pallas Athena).

nijinsky's fetlocks said:
phoenixxblue said:
Why are people obsessed with the older badge? The current badge (disregarding the eagle bit) is basically, the crest of THE CITY OF MANCHESTER. The old badge features (in place of the three rivers of Manchester) the red rose of Lancashire. I know that Manchester was, historically, part of Lancashire but ask any Mancunian under the age of about 50 and they will not regard themselves as Lancastrians.
For me:
MANCHESTER = CITY
LANCASHIRE = Blackburn, Preston, Blackpool, pie eating etc.
I dont want a red rose on the badge!

So what county would Mancunians under 50 say they were from?
Kent?
Don't talk round ones.
The old badge IS Manchester City.
Bring it back,stick it on that new black shirt and I shall probably ejaculate with joy.

And i will quite happily join you in this group ejactulation, come the day when the old badge is returned to it's rightfull place, let us old badgers unite in a mass wank,dick's out ! by the left ! quick wank !

Personally, as much as I like the newer badge, the older crest anchors us a lot more firmly in the past - and in these times of change we've got to look for ways to preserve it. And let's face it, it's a bit pretentious. Those stars mean bugger all. I'd rather we could have them legitimately for winning major European trophies.

I love all of these shirts and I really hope they're what we end up with, always think plain sky blue with white trimmimgs is classy! Roll on June or whenever they hit the streets!

phoenixxblue said:
Why are people obsessed with the older badge? The current badge (disregarding the eagle bit) is basically, the crest of THE CITY OF MANCHESTER. The old badge features (in place of the three rivers of Manchester) the red rose of Lancashire. I know that Manchester was, historically, part of Lancashire but ask any Mancunian under the age of about 50 and they will not regard themselves as Lancastrians.
For me:
MANCHESTER = CITY
LANCASHIRE = Blackburn, Preston, Blackpool, pie eating etc.
I dont want a red rose on the badge!

Totally agree with that mate! The Red Rose represents Lancashire but Manchester is so big and important that it formed it's own county and is no longer classed as Lancashire! Leave the Red Rose to Blackburn and their badge! Im from Timperley and that is Greater Manchester now but it used to be Cheshire and that gives me no links to Lancashire at all and i'd rather stick with the new badge please and thankyou!

Owain said:
Personally, as much as I like the newer badge, the older crest anchors us a lot more firmly in the past - and in these times of change we've got to look for ways to preserve it. And let's face it, it's a bit pretentious. Those stars mean bugger all. I'd rather we could have them legitimately for winning major European trophies.

Or like they do in Italy, you get a star for every 10 league titles you win!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.