New kit

Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:
Brucie Bonus said:
Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:
Only problem for us OS fans is the three seperate release dates means three times the £15 postage (even though we get some of that back in VAT).

Do you know why there are three release dates? If someone had posted the reason I missed it. Would someone tell me? Cheers.
No idea mate. But from the Official Site:

"The Manchester City FC home kit will be on general sale from July 18th. Pre orders available from July 1st at <a class="postlink" href="http://www.mcfc.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.mcfc.co.uk</a>.

The away kit will be available from August, while the third strip will be available from October".

get them all in october then

This is next seasons 'drill top' modeled by Adio (of Kid British) and Noel Gallagher.

3597386163_3b623132fc.jpg
3597331001_43af82ca65.jpg

Does anyone know if we will be keeping any of the shirts for more than one season?

I know the price is down to quality but they have a timeless look and if we had them for longer it would justify people splashing out a bit more. They look class so we should keep them.

masterwig said:
Does anyone know if we will be keeping any of the shirts for more than one season?

I know the price is down to quality but they have a timeless look and if we had them for longer it would justify people splashing out a bit more. They look class so we should keep them.

If I understood Cookie, the badge / crest is likely to change next season; either to the old roundel (if they can sort the rights issue out), or to a new roundel very similar to the old one, or to some sort of hybrid. I don't remember hordes of Blues demanding the old badge be changed, LOTS of us do not like the new one and the old one fits into the branding project better than the new (as I said on the thread about naming COMS "Etihad").

Have a look at this:
<a class="postlink" href="http://t-shirts.cafepress.com/item/manchester-city-fc-ringer-t/127780424" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://t-shirts.cafepress.com/item/manc ... /127780424</a>

Any doubt who we are? I was in a shopping mall (ugh) in Raleigh last weekend and I wore an old Brother shirt. Lots of young lads would walk really close (I pretended not to notice) and eye the badge, and I know they read MANCHESTER CITY. It's the same when I go anwhere with an old top on, the yank I'm talking to looks right at the badge, and what they read is MANCHESTER CITY, not some initials and a bunch of Latin all compressed into too small a space.

It's been causing me to think twice tbh about these new kits, because if they put the old crest on next season, but leave everything else unchanged, I'll never wear this season's offering, so why bother? Wait until next season and see. Of course, I'm not going to wait...so I suppose if they change the badge I'll be back in again. I'll make a prediction though: if the sales rankings (retro gear vs not) that City had on-line at the shop the last couple of seasons were accurate, then IF City put the old badge on next season, the kit will be the biggest seller EVER.

quiet_riot said:
Some of us prefer the new badge as well, you know.

This.

Just because some old cunts had the old badge why should the younger fans and some older. Be punished because of a badge that got changed over 20 years ago. Keep it as it is ffs.

I love all 3 and will be getting all three.

Me n my cousin were planning on getting our block numbers for next year on the back of a shirt. Good idea or not?

But yeh anyway cheers to Ric for the update I can sleep in peace now knowing those are the real kits.

ctid

Brucie Bonus said:
masterwig said:

If I understood Cookie, the badge / crest is likely to change next season; either to the old roundel (if they can sort the rights issue out), or to a new roundel very similar to the old one, or to some sort of hybrid. I don't remember hordes of Blues demanding the old badge be changed, LOTS of us do not like the new one and the old one fits into the branding project better than the new (as I said on the thread about naming COMS "Etihad").

Have a look at this:
<a class="postlink" href="http://t-shirts.cafepress.com/item/manchester-city-fc-ringer-t/127780424" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://t-shirts.cafepress.com/item/manc ... /127780424</a>

Any doubt who we are? I was in a shopping mall (ugh) in Raleigh last weekend and I wore an old Brother shirt. Lots of young lads would walk really close (I pretended not to notice) and eye the badge, and I know they read MANCHESTER CITY. It's the same when I go anwhere with an old top on, the yank I'm talking to looks right at the badge, and what they read is MANCHESTER CITY, not some initials and a bunch of Latin all compressed into too small a space.

It's been causing me to think twice tbh about these new kits, because if they put the old crest on next season, but leave everything else unchanged, I'll never wear this season's offering, so why bother? Wait until next season and see. Of course, I'm not going to wait...so I suppose if they change the badge I'll be back in again. I'll make a prediction though: if the sales rankings (retro gear vs not) that City had on-line at the shop the last couple of seasons were accurate, then IF City put the old badge on next season, the kit will be the biggest seller EVER.

Absolutely spot on! The majority of merchandise that I buy has the old badge on. It is an iconic badge, the new one isn't.

Perhaps change the stars into bees or the red rose to a bee in the old one?

Hmm...

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.