New kit

Wheelsy OSC Sydney said:
The only thing that irks me is the MCFC part. I'd prefer Manchester City Football Club.

I'd prefer a redesigned old badge, a la Wigan.

As long as it's not that badge you made where the boat makes it look like we're a club from the coast! That was awful and not 'City' in the slightest.

I love the roundel with the 3 rivers rather than the rose.

As for the old badge looking dated, that can be pretty easily fixed with cleaner lines and sharper type.

That said I think the badge on the new kits looks pretty sweet when it is given some attention to detail and stitched

Brucie Bonus said:
masterwig said:
Does anyone know if we will be keeping any of the shirts for more than one season?

I know the price is down to quality but they have a timeless look and if we had them for longer it would justify people splashing out a bit more. They look class so we should keep them.

If I understood Cookie, the badge / crest is likely to change next season; either to the old roundel (if they can sort the rights issue out), or to a new roundel very similar to the old one, or to some sort of hybrid. I don't remember hordes of Blues demanding the old badge be changed, LOTS of us do not like the new one and the old one fits into the branding project better than the new (as I said on the thread about naming COMS "Etihad").

Have a look at this:
<a class="postlink" href="http://t-shirts.cafepress.com/item/manchester-city-fc-ringer-t/127780424" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://t-shirts.cafepress.com/item/manc ... /127780424</a>

Any doubt who we are? I was in a shopping mall (ugh) in Raleigh last weekend and I wore an old Brother shirt. Lots of young lads would walk really close (I pretended not to notice) and eye the badge, and I know they read MANCHESTER CITY. It's the same when I go anwhere with an old top on, the yank I'm talking to looks right at the badge, and what they read is MANCHESTER CITY, not some initials and a bunch of Latin all compressed into too small a space.

It's been causing me to think twice tbh about these new kits, because if they put the old crest on next season, but leave everything else unchanged, I'll never wear this season's offering, so why bother? Wait until next season and see. Of course, I'm not going to wait...so I suppose if they change the badge I'll be back in again. I'll make a prediction though: if the sales rankings (retro gear vs not) that City had on-line at the shop the last couple of seasons were accurate, then IF City put the old badge on next season, the kit will be the biggest seller EVER.

That would be stupid they shud bring out the new badge with a new kit not a new badge on an unchanged kit

Brucie Bonus said:
masterwig said:
Does anyone know if we will be keeping any of the shirts for more than one season?

I know the price is down to quality but they have a timeless look and if we had them for longer it would justify people splashing out a bit more. They look class so we should keep them.

If I understood Cookie, the badge / crest is likely to change next season; either to the old roundel (if they can sort the rights issue out), or to a new roundel very similar to the old one, or to some sort of hybrid. I don't remember hordes of Blues demanding the old badge be changed, LOTS of us do not like the new one and the old one fits into the branding project better than the new (as I said on the thread about naming COMS "Etihad").

Have a look at this:
<a class="postlink" href="http://t-shirts.cafepress.com/item/manchester-city-fc-ringer-t/127780424" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://t-shirts.cafepress.com/item/manc ... /127780424</a>

Any doubt who we are? I was in a shopping mall (ugh) in Raleigh last weekend and I wore an old Brother shirt. Lots of young lads would walk really close (I pretended not to notice) and eye the badge, and I know they read MANCHESTER CITY. It's the same when I go anwhere with an old top on, the yank I'm talking to looks right at the badge, and what they read is MANCHESTER CITY, not some initials and a bunch of Latin all compressed into too small a space.

It's been causing me to think twice tbh about these new kits, because if they put the old crest on next season, but leave everything else unchanged, I'll never wear this season's offering, so why bother? Wait until next season and see. Of course, I'm not going to wait...so I suppose if they change the badge I'll be back in again. I'll make a prediction though: if the sales rankings (retro gear vs not) that City had on-line at the shop the last couple of seasons were accurate, then IF City put the old badge on next season, the kit will be the biggest seller EVER.

That would be stupid they shud bring out the new badge with a new kit not a new badge on an unchanged kit

If there is a new badge then it needs to be along these lines,

citybadge2.jpg

citybadge.jpg

I'm worried about the order they will change the kits each year. Each shirt should be given a 2 season life span, rather than changing them all like we did this season. No matter what way you look at it, it's a ripoff when that happens. I especially don't want them changing after a year, now that the quality is so good as well!

I'd say keep the home and third shirt for the 2009/10 and 2010/11 seasons. Change the black shirt at the end of the 2009/10 season (to a kit like the Wembley '99 shirt!) and then alternate in this way.

It's proper that the home shirt alternates seasons with an away/third shirt, rather than alternating with away/third, since people may not be too willing to buy two different 'away' shirts in one summer.

I think with the badge it is a case of balancing history with style and relevance

I quite like the new badge to be honest, the old one, especially with the sort of faded blue sky like on the t-shirts posted above looks very cheap and outdated to me. Also I don't think the ship should be so prominent.

This is a very poor knockup someone did on here but I think if it was done properly it would look class:

Untitled-2.jpg

masterwig said:
I think with the badge it is a case of balancing history with style and relevance

I quite like the new badge to be honest, the old one, especially with the sort of faded blue sky like on the t-shirts posted above looks very cheap and outdated to me. Also I don't think the ship should be so prominent.

This is a very poor knockup someone did on here but I think if it was done properly it would look class:

Untitled-2.jpg
Only for cup games as Gary Cook said last week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.