New kits (and the City film)

SouthStandStander said:
Nicky D said:
What does everyone think of that 'Mercer' jacket? I think it looks really smart personally.

Undecided about the new strips. Not sure if I'll be getting either - maybe the away shirt if any. Home is undeniably nice, but too similar to last season's to justify getting one I think.

i like it, but think it is a bit too blue...

Yeah I know what you mean. I was hoping that they'd do a jacket just like the one big Mal wore in '69, a deeper shade of blue and white red and black cuffs and trim, that'd be brilliant!

cityaway.png

Umbro's first drop of the ball for me. It just isn't Manchester City, and as someone said already, it looks like a Blackburn away shirt.

I accepted last years black with bits of yellow because it had links to the history of Manchester and the honey bee etc, but this looks like it's rolled out of a production line and had our badge stamped on it at random.

No doubt the build quality will be good though.

Nicky D said:
SouthStandStander said:
i like it, but think it is a bit too blue...

Yeah I know what you mean. I was hoping that they'd do a jacket just like the one big Mal wore in '69, a deeper shade of blue and white red and black cuffs and trim, that'd be brilliant!

i bought this years white training jacket, but i have only worn it once because its too white and that was the day i got it.

So we've had 5 consecutive good to great kits from Umbro yet people are talking about "lazy"? Please. Take a look at *every* other kit in this league and we still have the smartest set by far. Folks need to be careful of what they wish for. I'm happy that with Umbro we are treated as their #1 customer and the days of disgusting Reebok kits are behind us.

ManCityX said:
Umbro's first drop of the ball for me. It just isn't Manchester City, and as someone said already, it looks like a Blackburn away shirt.

I accepted last years black with bits of yellow because it had links to the history of Manchester and the honey bee etc, but this looks like it's rolled out of a production line and had our badge stamped on it at random.

Not really. You couldn't get a more tenuous link.

Last season's home > this season's home
This season's away > last season's away

That's fcuking disgusting but could be so perfect. Its the collar - its just plain wrong. Collars - yes, or a plain round neck - yes, but not that. Why oh why does some jumped up designer think that to justify their salary by adding something a bit 'jazzy'. Just keep it simple. Umbro - its fcuking shite.

Project said:
So we've had 5 consecutive good to great kits from Umbro yet people are talking about "lazy"? Please. Take a look at *every* other kit in this league and we still have the smartest set by far. Folks need to be careful of what they wish for. I'm happy that with Umbro we are treated as their #1 customer and the days of disgusting Reebok kits are behind us.
Amen, great looking kit in my opinion compared to all the shit Adidas, Nike and Puma are putting out at the moment (not even starting with Reebok etc).

The home kit and the black GK one will go great with each other.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.