New kits (and the City film)

I spotted my first 'new united kit in the flesh' today...in the words of Monsieur Sidebottom, it really was bobbins. Awful.

It's a little hard to judge on those funny shaped plastic torso mannequins, but this City away shirt looks subtle and classy to my humble mince pies.

I think we were spoilt last season, any other year and we'd have been raving about these kits - unfortunately they've followed probably the best three kits we've had for ages

I'm surprised with the away shirt.. I didn't think it would look like that for some reason.

Look like training tops

I'm glad Umbro have stuck with simple stylish designs but this years away kit has disapointed me a bit...too plain, doesn't look that much different from the goalkeeper kit.

The Mercer jacket looks nice. As far as the shirts go I'd have to say I prefer last season's compared to next season's.

Fair enough the home one for next season looks nice but I probably won't be getting it for the same reason a lot have said, it's very similar to last season's and being someone who has just finished uni and is looking for a job I can't bring myself to shell out £40 for a shirt so similar to the one I already have. I do love the bar scarf design in the collars though.

The away shirt is alright, I definetly prefered last season's though, I loved the collar, loved the yellow on the sleeves and as ManCityX said I loved the link between the shirt and the Manchester honey bee. Next season's looks very bland, I'm not a fan of the low necks on any of the shirts and the sponsor in blue looks a bit strange to me, I think it would have looked a lot better in white and the same with the Umbro logo and the part on the neck. It just looks too much like a training shirt and a failry bland one at that, I much prefer the maroon training shirt I have seen and to be honest I would have loved a red and black striped away shirt again. So yeah I don't think I'll be buying this either.

The Goalkeeper shirt is decent enough but I did like the colourful shirts last season compared to next season's black.

Hopefully my opinion will change during the season if we keep winning in all of these shirts though.

Try £45, rather than £40 and you will have a more accurate price........
The 12th Man said:
The Mercer jacket looks nice. As far as the shirts go I'd have to say I prefer last season's compared to next season's.

Fair enough the home one for next season looks nice but I probably won't be getting it for the same reason a lot have said, it's very similar to last season's and being someone who has just finished uni and is looking for a job I can't bring myself to shell out £40 for a shirt so similar to the one I already have. I do love the bar scarf design in the collars though.

The away shirt is alright, I definetly prefered last season's though, I loved the collar, loved the yellow on the sleeves and as ManCityX said I loved the link between the shirt and the Manchester honey bee. Next season's looks very bland, I'm not a fan of the low necks on any of the shirts and the sponsor in blue looks a bit strange to me, I think it would have looked a lot better in white and the same with the Umbro logo and the part on the neck. It just looks too much like a training shirt and a failry bland one at that, I much prefer the maroon training shirt I have seen and to be honest I would have loved a red and black striped away shirt again. So yeah I don't think I'll be buying this either.

The Goalkeeper shirt is decent enough but I did like the colourful shirts last season compared to next season's black.

Hopefully my opinion will change during the season if we keep winning in all of these shirts though.

Just seen the Umbro link. Wow, what a fucking class set of new designs. Love them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.