New Kits

Mr Rich said:
woz69 said:
what ive seen on the picture the shirt is the double of the 1978 home shirt minus the umbro badges on the arm, and wiv a small maroon shield behind the badge similar to the 1950s home shirt, shorts white wiv same badge as shirt, and with a maroon stripe and umbro badge, and socks are navy with maroon tops and white pinstripe.

Hmmm.... looking at what you said it doesn't look as bad as you suggested, just imagine trying to put those kits together, kind of a retro 80s, 90s feel to them? We'll see, I'm thinking of a more Kappa 1997-1999 feel in sky blue, but I didn't like that kit particularly. Looking back a bit similar to the 60s-70s kits with the maroon in the socks, looks like they've stolen a bit from each decade, but make up your own impression.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Manchester_City/Manchester_City.htm

Fuk me, the Gorton one looks a bit Germanic? A little bit like the Iron Cross.

danburge82 said:
LongsightM13 said:
Never understood navy socks. Not a City colour at all. Should be white shorts, sky blue socks
For 66 years of Manchester City's history we've had navy or dark blue socks! http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Manchester_City/Manchester_City.htm
I stand corrected. Not in my lifetime though. Quite like the sky blue and white hooped socks from the 50s from that site. The West Gorton kit looks like what the Jerries wore in Escape To Victory

buzzer1 said:
Mr Rich said:
Hmmm.... looking at what you said it doesn't look as bad as you suggested, just imagine trying to put those kits together, kind of a retro 80s, 90s feel to them? We'll see, I'm thinking of a more Kappa 1997-1999 feel in sky blue, but I didn't like that kit particularly. Looking back a bit similar to the 60s-70s kits with the maroon in the socks, looks like they've stolen a bit from each decade, but make up your own impression.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Manchester_City/Manchester_City.htm

I thought that we should have used the Gorton kit as an away shirt (black with a white cross), it would look alright, there was a mock up done on some thread.

Mind you I also thought we should wear a swastika, so I can't really see it being too popular.

images

There not the same if you look a bit closer, the collars much better on the rangers one and doesn't look to have the button front and the collars bigger aswell!
However were the poster boys for umbro so I doubt well get the same as others...

Mr Rich said:
buzzer1 said:

I thought that we should have used the Gorton kit as an away shirt (black with a white cross), it would look alright, there was a mock up done on some thread.

Mind you I also thought we should wear a swastika, so I can't really see it being too popular.

pmsl

Crouchy said:
images

There not the same if you look a bit closer, the collars much better on the rangers one and doesn't look to have the button front and the collars bigger aswell!
However were the poster boys for umbro so I doubt well get the same as others...
take the england shirt make it a v-neck then add the collars off the rangers shirt and there uyou hav it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.