New leaders

I don’t think it’s anything to do with the results? I felt concerned about Kompany’s loss in the summer as did loads of fans. We haven’t replaced his influence, that’s not a criticism of anyone, it’s a simple observation.
The media love a cliche and the heroic leader galvanising his men and leading them to victory is an easy one to sell. The truth is we have a squad full of elite players who are mentally tough as nails, they don’t need Vinny holding their hand, maybe they miss him as a defender but all this leadership talk is fanciful guff.

The media love a cliche and the heroic leader galvanising his men and leading them to victory is an easy one to sell. The truth is we have a squad full of elite players who are mentally tough as nails, they don’t need Vinny holding their hand, maybe they miss him as a defender but all this leadership talk is fanciful guff.

You're saying if a team has quality then they don't need leadership? You need both to have a truly special side IMO.

We don’t have any leaders really. We have people who play well and lead in that sense, but actual leaders of men? Not really. KDB is the best we have but he’s far from an ideal captain. I have high hopes for Rodri developing into a captain, but as of right now there is nobody. We look like Arsenal post Vieira/Adams.

We unfortunately don’t have leaders like Kompany and Yaya any more. They were both leaders albeit in different ways. Kompany was an example both on and off the pitch. Yaya was a big game player who would take the lead on the pitch and drive the team on.

Kdb is the biggest leader on the pitch now. Off it, I don’t know. I don’t think there’s anyone as influential as Kompany was.

We need a centre back who has the presence and leadership of the likes of VVD and De ligt.
A leader is someone who consistently does their best for the team, not someone who only plays in big games. It doesn’t even matter if they don’t play particularly well, as long as the effort and commitment is there in each and every single game.

We’ve thankfully managed to get rid of the dickheads in the squad, the team spirit and everyone fighting for the good of the team is why we’ve been so successful this last 2 years.

We don’t have any leaders really. We have people who play well and lead in that sense, but actual leaders of men? Not really. KDB is the best we have but he’s far from an ideal captain. I have high hopes for Rodri developing into a captain, but as of right now there is nobody. We look like Arsenal post Vieira/Adams.
We don’t have any leaders in the old school traditional ranting and raving sense but we absolutely do have leaders. KDB, Laporte, Sterling and Bernardo all have leadership qualities, they’re all deeply respected and all are consistent in regards to effort, commitment and work rate.

Our whole style and game is based on the intensity of our pressing, if we get that right the rest of our game comes naturally with the quality of the players we have dominating possession and creating chances.

We don’t have any leaders in the old school traditional ranting and raving sense but we absolutely do have leaders. KDB, Laporte, Sterling and Bernardo all have leadership qualities, they’re all deeply respected and all are consistent in regards to effort, commitment and work rate.

Our whole style and game is based on the intensity of our pressing, if we get that right the rest of our game comes naturally with the quality of the players we have dominating possession and creating chances.
I agree. Everything crumbles if we don’t press. Where possible, Silva and Gundogan should be firmly on the bench. Foden and KDB should start when available. And Jesus should start more often than he does instead of Sergio. They should be on more of a rotation than they have been so far. Best pressing front 5 is Foden, KDB, Sterling, Jesus, Bernardo.

I agree. Everything crumbles if we don’t press. Where possible, Silva and Gundogan should be firmly on the bench. Foden and KDB should start when available. And Jesus should start more often than he does instead of Sergio. They should be on more of a rotation than they have been so far. Best pressing front 5 is Foden, KDB, Sterling, Jesus, Bernardo.
Sorry I think I posted my reply without finishing it, it’s been a long day.

In terms of the pressing and intensity I think that’s what we should aim for with the next captain, we haven’t got anyone as vocal as the likes of Kompany, so it needs to be someone who can lead by example with the high intensity pressing. That’s why I included KDB, Sterling and Bernardo, I included Laporte as well as he seems to be one of the more vocal, in time I can see Rodri joining that list as well.

I completely agree with those three (Silva, Gundogan and Aguero) not playing together, it just kills the intensity and we end up on the back foot. Against Wolves it was like watching a Pellegrini team with Gundogan and Silva nearly as slow as Toure used to be, meaning Wolves could walk through our midfield and straight onto the back four.

I think this is our problem at the moment we havent really got any leaders.
Definitely not a stand out one.
Only other problem is we have no defence

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.