New MCFC Fanaticals Group. (Help Needed)

NorthernBoy said:
raininspain said:
I, for one, am all for this. Many clubs here in Spain have these sort of groups and they are definitely NOT all 'ultras' and have no political bias or links.

The atmosphere at grounds like Vicente Calderón (Atlético de Madrid) and Sáchez Pizjuan (Sevilla) is incredible, thanks in no small part to these types of groups.

Good luck with your efforts!

Great Post Mate, Thanks For Your Input, It Would Be Great To Get Some Ideas And Information From Your In Relation To The Spanish Scene.

-- Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:32 pm --

Corky said:
Shorten it to fan.

Why the politics?

I Dont Know If We've Mislead You Somewhere But The Idea Is "No Politics", We Pointed This Out Because Unfortunatly There Is A Recent Connection Between A Minority Of Football Casuals And Right Wing Political Groups, We Want To Get As Far Away From This Stuff As Possible,
Strictly Football, Strictly Fans.
I agree, and none of that stupid loyalist nonsense like no surrender.

S04 said:
Not a bad idea..but in general Ultras or Supras are just names for colourful hardcore fans.
You could easily label yourself "Manchester Hardcore" or something similar if you want to avoid the Ultras label.

At the continent the "Ultras" are most often a collection of a diverse number of organised fans that support the same club and we are not there yet.

Isn't that a car?

Jackson-ctid said:
S04 said:
Not a bad idea..but in general Ultras or Supras are just names for colourful hardcore fans.
You could easily label yourself "Manchester Hardcore" or something similar if you want to avoid the Ultras label.

At the continent the "Ultras" are most often a collection of a diverse number of organised fans that support the same club and we are not there yet.

Isn't that a car?

In northern Europe it´s short for Supporter/Ultras ..I think they nicked it from the German police actually.

I just don't think it's in the persona of the English fan to act like our continental cousins. Not sure why that is, could be the stiff upper lip thing the Yanks accuse us of, but there is definitely a more reserved approach to being a British football fan than a Turkish one, Spanish one et al. I think that is why it doesn't work as well as it does abroad. There are pockets of them, yes, but like the Curva Sud for example in the Stadio Olympico, I don't think it will ever be like that because we as Brits are generally just more reserved as people.

glen quagmire said:
Fanaticals group?

Shame sounds like the sort of thing i was looking at. I think i will just have to wait till an ultras group is formed.

I like where this is goin'! Giggidy, giggidy, gig-gi-dy!!!, ;)

Pigeonho said:
I just don't think it's in the persona of the English fan to act like our continental cousins. Not sure why that is, could be the stiff upper lip thing the Yanks accuse us of, but there is definitely a more reserved approach to being a British football fan than a Turkish one, Spanish one et al. I think that is why it doesn't work as well as it does abroad. There are pockets of them, yes, but like the Curva Sud for example in the Stadio Olympico, I don't think it will ever be like that because we as Brits are generally just more reserved as people.

Understandably This Project Isn't Going To Be For Everyone. From A Personal Account I've Watched Manchester City For 20 Years, I Enjoyed The Maine Road Days And In Many Ways I've Enjoyed The Times At The City Of Manchester/ Etihad, But Myself And Plenty Of Other People Feel Something Can Be Done To Create A Better Atmosphere, I've Studied The European Football Supra Culture For A Few Years Now And I Love What They Do, I've Wanted To Pioneer Something At City For A Few Years And I'm Finally Giving It A Shot, If People Want To Join In And Help Out, Then Fantastic, If Not Then Thats Fine.
If This Project Works Out Well And We Get SOmething Going I Just Hope Those That Dont Want To Be Involved Dont Frown Upon Us.

Hope this works well!<br /><br />-- Sun Jul 24, 2011 3:43 pm --<br /><br />Hope this works well!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.