New MCFC Fanaticals Group. (Help Needed)

As I said previously, most clubs in Spain have some sort of group like the one you're suggesting.

Over here, apart from being a season-ticket holder, you can join a 'peña' (a supporters' club) for a small annual fee. This generally entitles you to cheaper travel to away matches (not that too many fans travel over here, due to the long distances), special scarves, flags etc.

This is a video put together by Fondo Joven, a fan club here in Salamanca (look carefully at 0.36 and you'll see my Fondo Joven/Manchester City Cross of St. George!):

Fondo Joven: UD Salamanca:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njMYtD_qH-E" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njMYtD_qH-E</a>

Many peñas then join together in the ground and get the chants started. Some of the best/noisiest in the country are the Bukaneros (Rayo Vallecano, who've just come back up to the First Division). They're a bit like the Barmy Army!

Bukaneros: Rayo Vallecano:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqM95sH6CaQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CqM95sH6CaQ</a>

What many of these groups do is produce spectacular choreogaphy, not just with chants but also with all sorts of massive home-made banners and mosaics. Atlético Madrid's 'Frente Atlético' and Sevilla's 'Biris' produce some of the best:

Biris Norte: Sevilla FC:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VtdXln3Peg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VtdXln3Peg</a>

Frente Atlético: Atlético de Madrid (mainly anti-Madrid stuff!!):

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KKpaic9Jy4" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KKpaic9Jy4</a>

Naturally, there are some groups which are more 'radical' than others, but generally speaking they make Spanish stadiums far more colourful.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: New Ultras Group. (Help Needed)

NorthernBoy said:
So The General Consensus Is That The Term "Ultras" Is Quite Alarming?
I Did Have This Fear, And If Needs Be I Can Quite Easily Change The Thread Title,
Again Any Feedback Is Appreciated,
Thanks.
In this coutry we misunderstand the term "ultras". We think of them as right-wing violent mobs... they aren't! In fact ultras are usually strictly non-violent, colourful, fancy dress, banners and inflatibles groups! There are many many facist violent mobs in the continent but they honestly aren't the Ultras.

Aris fans, Poznan fans and some bloke from somewhere in the Balkans who have all posted on BM have all said this.

Re: New Ultras Group. (Help Needed)

danburge82 said:
NorthernBoy said:
So The General Consensus Is That The Term "Ultras" Is Quite Alarming?
I Did Have This Fear, And If Needs Be I Can Quite Easily Change The Thread Title,
Again Any Feedback Is Appreciated,
Thanks.
In this coutry we misunderstand the term "ultras". We think of them as right-wing violent mobs... they aren't! In fact ultras are usually strictly non-violent, colourful, fancy dress, banners and inflatibles groups! There are many many facist violent mobs in the continent but they honestly aren't the Ultras.

Aris fans, Poznan fans and some bloke from somewhere in the Balkans who have all posted on BM have all said this.

This , just call yourself MCFC Ultras and good luck.

danburge82 said:

Your Spot On Mate, I'd Love To Be Named "Ultras MCFC" But I Have The Fear People Will Be Put Off And The Club Might Distance Themselves From Us. The Situation Is Very Similar To The Struggle A "Traditional Skinhead" Is Faced With, When A Person With Very Little Knowledge On The Subject Hears The Term "Skinhead" They Immediatly Think Nazi, Racist Etc, In Reality They Couldn't Be More Wrong. I Want Everyone To Feel Welcome And Dont Wat To Put Anybody Off, Not RUling Anything Out Yet Tho.

NorthernBoy said:
I Want Everyone To Feel Welcome And Dont Wat To Put Anybody Off, Not RUling Anything Out Yet Tho.
Already put off by the F*CKING CAPITAL LETTERS and lack of apostrophes where required.
Sort it out. That is all.

NorthernBoy said:
danburge82 said:

Your Spot On Mate, I'd Love To Be Named "Ultras MCFC" But I Have The Fear People Will Be Put Off And The Club Might Distance Themselves From Us. The Situation Is Very Similar To The Struggle A "Traditional Skinhead" Is Faced With, When A Person With Very Little Knowledge On The Subject Hears The Term "Skinhead" They Immediatly Think Nazi, Racist Etc, In Reality They Couldn't Be More Wrong. I Want Everyone To Feel Welcome And Dont Wat To Put Anybody Off, Not RUling Anything Out Yet Tho.
Indeed! Skinheads were nu-school mods weren't they? At first they were associated with Northern Soul, but later they listened to underground Reggae, Ragga and soul Reggae. They were about fashion and music. They weren't about violence and racism. Again, middle class know-nothings who weren't ever going to (and never will!) be cool enough to understand subcultures, lost understanding (like they have with Ultras) of what the Skinheads sub culure was. Even to this day, you ask someone what a Skinhead is and they'd imagine a Swastika and anti-foreign marches.

danburge82 said:
NorthernBoy said:
danburge82 said:

Indeed! Skinheads were nu-school mods weren't they? At first they were associated with Northern Soul, but later they listened to underground Reggae, Ragga and soul Reggae. They were about fashion and music. They weren't about violence and racism. Again, middle class know-nothings who weren't ever going to (and never will!) be cool enough to understand subcultures, lost understanding (like they have with Ultras) of what the Skinheads sub culure was. Even to this day, you ask someone what a Skinhead is and they'd imagine a Swastika and anti-foreign marches.

And not forgetting Trojan Ska. Good post.

danburge82 said:
NorthernBoy said:
danburge82 said:

They where about aggro though..as I recall it, and the tribal atmosphere at football attracted both rightwing extremists and the local bootboys.
At some point there was a hybrid skinhead that forgot his roots and adopted a rightwing ideology..Which was kind of sad

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.