New Music - 2024

Has the radical departure taken them into Synthwave territory or as I suspect not really? Gift Horse could be off any of the previous albums. Got to wait another week for my copy

I'd pay good money to see/hear Idles let loose on the synthwave community but we'll have to wait for that one.

Been a couple of moments when I was a bit wrong footed listening to it but don't think it's quite the level of change it was being touted as by some. Initial impression was of a pretty smart mixture of the familiar with some new elements to move them forward as well. Definitely going to enjoy getting familiar with it.

I'd pay good money to see/hear Idles let loose on the synthwave community but we'll have to wait for that one.

Been a couple of moments when I was a bit wrong footed listening to it but don't think it's quite the level of change it was being touted as by some. Initial impression was of a pretty smart mixture of the familiar with some new elements to move them forward as well. Definitely going to enjoy getting familiar with it.

Think it is one of those albums that will take familiarity to appreciate.

It has not disappointed. I was a bit worried it might struggle with the burden of expectation I had built up for it.

A bit more controlled confidence to it perhaps, and nice to see a bit of tenderness here and there too.

So far, Idea01, Roy and Gospel stand out as songs.

I assume that guitar sound in Roy is the onomatopoeic 'tangk' sound the album title is based on.

Hearing Joe Talbot sound like Joe Talbot but sing "it feels like Hall and Oates is playing in my heart" is pretty funny (in a good way).

I assume that guitar sound in Roy is the onomatopoeic 'tangk' sound the album title is based on.

Hearing Joe Talbot sound like Joe Talbot but sing "it feels like Hall and Oates is playing in my heart" is pretty funny (in a good way).

He is definitely going back to his early orlando weeks sounding vocals, from the singles before their first album. In instances.

First time I heard 26/27 from their first EP, I took a bit of convincing it Wasn't Orlando as a guest vocalist.

Last edited:
All sold out but for a 2nd show London date and the Dublin 3Arena.

The 6 Music festival is at Victoria Warehouse and a full orchestra will be playing with them.
Dublin was free midweek when i checked, if you can find a nice un booked city on the tour get a lil holiday included..

My friends went to Prague for Tool once.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.