New Nike Kit 13/14? (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dubai Blue said:
ZabbaStuntDouble said:
13691328.jpg

please god ...... Nooooooooooo!!
What's the problem? Looks to me like it's just 3 navy blue lines away from being identical to what is widely regarded as one of our best ever home shirts.

exactly, its trying to a shirt we've already have, got and love. some you cant improve on. To me that doesnt have the wow factor. looks like no time has been spent designing it, just they got a shirt and stuck and couple of badges on.

ZabbaStuntDouble said:
Dubai Blue said:
ZabbaStuntDouble said:
13691328.jpg

What's the problem? Looks to me like it's just 3 navy blue lines away from being identical to what is widely regarded as one of our best ever home shirts.

exactly, its trying to a shirt we've already have, got and love. some you cant improve on. To me that doesnt have the wow factor. looks like no time has been spent designing it, just they got a shirt and stuck and couple of badges on.

I think in the long test that has been Man City supporters most like minimal design like that. Its pure and its simple. I hate stupid pointless lines and weird fucking shapes with different shades on. By all means for an away shirt but that right there is what the home shirt should look like<br /><br />-- Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:47 pm --<br /><br />
wolfie1988 said:
Very smart shirt. Plain and simple. Was dreading one of Nike's usual abomination's but they seem to have stuck to the Umbro way

Thats because its the umbro team working for nike now

ZabbaStuntDouble said:
Dubai Blue said:
ZabbaStuntDouble said:
13691328.jpg

The one thing missing from the 2009/10 shirt was the white 'cuffs', but this one corrects that mistake. I'd have gone the full hog though and left off the navy lines.

I have absolutely no problem with them copying a winning formula. Looks nice enough to me, especially as I was expecting some monstrosity with an iron-on badge.

Dubai Blue said:
I have absolutely no problem with them copying a winning formula. Looks nice enough to me, especially as I was expecting some monstrosity with an iron-on badge.

thats what makes me still think they are fake, cos the crests aren't the iron-on plastic ones that Nike usually use or seem to use. The crest look embroided Umbro style.

ZabbaStuntDouble said:
Dubai Blue said:

thats what makes me still think they are fake, cos the crests aren't the iron-on plastic ones that Nike usually use or seem to use. The crest look embroided Umbro style.
The ones you are thinking of actually have a crest around there badge plenty of Nike shirts from this season that have the embroided look

there's fuck all wrong with that kit, if it's it.

white shorts and we're laughing.

The_Boxing_KangaBlue said:
ban-mcfc said:
there's fuck all wrong with that kit, if it's it.

white shorts and we're laughing.

Ah, but what socks?

i'm a big fan of the blue with maroon trim (fa cup winning kit).

but that won't go with the dark colours on the shirt, so something like this...

man-city-home-socks-2012-gh-1.jpg

Dubai Blue said:
ZabbaStuntDouble said:
13691328.jpg

If that has white shorts and navy socks it will be the best kit we've ever had. Funny how all the 70s kids who were brought up to jizz over adidas and umbro and despise anything Nike have ever done, don't like the shirt.

They whinged it wouldn't have the minimal design we like - it does
They whinged it wouldn't have an embroidered badge - it does
They whinged it wouldn't have the same quality of fabric as the umbro shirts - it does.

The only thing left to whinge about is the Nike swoosh, and possibly the fact that the shite wear kits made by them. Well, other than the rags mostly disgusting home shirts, Nike actually make the best football gear out there.

Close to the perfect shirt, well done Nike, welcome to the family!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.