New Nike Kit 13/14? (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pelly Greeny said:
Seems to be a lot of people complaining they pluck very easily and are looking a bit shoddy after only a day!

Anyone else having these problems?

Purchased my lad the new Green GK shirt. Arrived on Friday and worn for training yesterday morning. Within one hour the bleedin thing was falling apart! I think a bit of Velcro on his gloves did the damage but he's worn numerous shirts previously in goal with absolutely no bother (and none costing £50!). The material used makes the shirt look extremely pretty but in terms of durability it's absolutely useless. Being returned under complaint on Monday. Would love to know if any others have had the same problem, particularly with the GK shirt.

Wheelsy said:
Pelly Greeny said:
Seems to be a lot of people complaining they pluck very easily and are looking a bit shoddy after only a day!

Anyone else having these problems?

It's because it's cheap plastic crap that is ok for a professional footballer to run around in for 90 minutes at a time, but complete rubbish to wear as a fan.

Last year's kit was a well tailored garment — cotton feel, elastic arms, rigid collar. Nike shirts are rubbish.

Pretty much where I am. Looks cheap & feels cheap. Not a patch on even our worse Umbro kit.

First time in many a year I won't be buying a shirt.

Cheers Nike.

Having seen the new England shirt, and the material it was made from I'd already made up my mind not to buy this years new shirts. I was bought a new Nike white polo shirt instead, and that was a ridiculous price of £38, it's just had its first wash and ironing, and is hanging up next to 2 other polo shirts bought from Primark last year for £4 each, that have had numerous washes and they still look newish, they still have the shape and look smart. The new Nike city polo, looks as though its ten years old and I've carried home a slab of Stella in it, it's that out of shape, Nike total sh**e, keep your money in your own pockets. Probably Nike chose the wrong sweat shop to have all our gear knocked up in.

Bought the lad the new kit size 2-3. The shirts fine on him but the waist on the shorts is a joke, they won't even stay up. He's got last years away kit in the same size and that fits him fine. What a joke how two companies owned by the same people can differ so much on child sizes. So now he's stuck with just the top to wear, I can't even get the next size down because he'd get no wear out of it. Pretty pissed off with it in truth!

g180aj said:
Caveman said:
Del_Bosque said:
2 kits are better than anything we've had from Umbro
4856410371_043721007e_b.jpg

Mancity10_5F00_home_5F00_sok.jpg

This 1 is the 1 i liked best from umbro
Not just Umbro, I think it's our best ever home kit full stop (including the times of no sponsors).

I hope we kick their fookin arses over this - why am I not in the slightest bit surprised though?
Their kits have always been crap and overpriced - they only look after Barca and rags - Barca shirts retailing circa 100 euros here!!!
Sort it guys or I´ll not be bothering again - EVER!!

I bought mine a few months ago from a Chinese website.

Bought the official one the other day from the shop and it's exactly the same, same material, badge, everything. Got the Chinese one for £13 too.

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-arrival-13-14-best-thai-quality-Manchester-City-home-blue-fans-version-soccer-football-jersey/996547157.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-arri ... 47157.html</a>

They also have the away shirt on there for anyone interested:

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Man-City-jersey-2014-Away-Manchester-City-13-14-soccer-uniforms-Thailand-Quality-Blank/1006663667.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Man- ... 63667.html</a>

Awful kits.... , look nice but the material is horrendous, it pulls / snags with the slightest of touches . , funny how Utds Barcelona's seem to be made out of better quality hmmmm . I've took mine back after two days , got my money back . should have kept Umbro

bluemoon27 said:
City have made a big cock up with this seasons shirt its awful and to think how they listened to the fans opinion for the 11/12 shirt

Hardly made a cock up when they are paid handsomely to wear it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.