New panel on Question of Sport

They were going to cancel it a couple of years ago. Shunted it to a late night slot and the repeat was the one on during primetime. Surprised it is still going.

The BBC will be flicking through their roladex for telephone numbers of "comedians" to take over from Sue Barker it will be Jack Whitehall or Romesh iamoneverthing or Ryan iamonasmuchasromesh you watch !!!
Calling Romesh a comedian is a stretch. Most unfunny.

I actually went as an audience member on QOS when it was broadcast from BBC Oxford Road. Would have been around 1994/5. The only 2 contestants I remember were Barry Venison on 1 team and Kelly Holmes on the other(I think she was still serving in the army at the time).
I went guess it woukd have been 90 or early 91.
Botham was one captain and no idea who the other was. Cant even recall any other guests.
They shot through it straight and then at the end they did retakes of comments the mic didnt pick up or in one case answered too quickly (the guest then pondered the answer deliberately too long before we all pissed ourselves laughing and then did another retake.)
Was a fun Sunday afternoon apart from being taught (and practice) short clapping, mid length clapping and long clapping)

It's going to be that scouse hockey player as the new captain I can just see it.

They should get Kevin Pietersen and Phil Taylor on as captains. That'd be spicy.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.