New PL financial controls | Clubs agree squad spending cap 'in principle'

Could some of the top clubs get caught out of a wealthy club is relegated and replaced be a poor one - the cap could plummet?

In theory the top clubs can spend less if Luton are 20th than if Leicester are.

But remember there's a 6x multiplier and the minimum TV payments are about £100m now, so even if the 20th placed team had zero other revenue, the PL leaders would still be able to spend more than any other club in Europe.

So you think the current financial rules with FFP etc we've had for the last 10 years were great?

Nope, but there again I don't believe any of the interfering has been needed since then. Prices go up and the busy cunts busily try to keep the top clubs relevant at any cost.

Call me a cynic but...

it's 4.5 times the TV revenue of Luton so circa £450m to be spent on transfers,wages,agents etc. Our wage bill alone last year was £425m (granted large bonuses are in that figure) so say our wage bill is £400m it only gives us £50m to spend on transfers and agents. It massively impacts us

The Times have worked out the current limit for this season is £518m. Only Chelsea are even close. There's no fire sale coming.

Last edited:
To be fair mate when you spend all of the time kicking the shit out of your brand leader it doesn't bode well for any other decision you make regarding what's best for the league.

I know it's an old saying but if it wasn't broken they shouldn't be trying to fix it.

Absolutely, I should really have pointed out that's the theory of it. It'll probably turn out to have some other reasoning behind it though.

Clubs should spent only what they earn, that would encourage owners to run their clubs properly , doesnt need to tie us to what the others do

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.