New PL financial controls | Clubs agree squad spending cap 'in principle'

The bottom club shouldn't be City's responsibility.

In the long term it will restrict the top clubs because of what the incompetent clubs do.
It's about the strength of the league. If the leagues doing well, everyone benefits.

People like you would have said the same when the TV deals were done and pushed for the top clubs to get all the TV money like in Spain.

People like me.

You assume a lot.

No I don't want the La Liga model. Tv money should be shared and should be negotiated as a league not individual clubs. Have any more assumptions?

Could some of the top clubs get caught out of a wealthy club is relegated and replaced be a poor one - the cap could plummet?

It's about the strength of the league. If the leagues doing well, everyone benefits.

But that should be mostly down to individual clubs?

It's a nice idea that assumes it will raise the standard whereas limiting spending will probably reduce the standard.

To be fair mate when you spend all of the time kicking the shit out of your brand leader it doesn't bode well for any other decision you make regarding what's best for the league.

I know it's an old saying but if it wasn't broken they shouldn't be trying to fix it.

I am surprised tbh, this adds an extra level of complexity on top of the UEFA rules for the top clubs.

We don't know the details yet, of course, but 6 times the lowest PL broadcasting revenue pretty much equals 70% of City's revenue anyway, so shouldn't affect us too much unless our revenue keeps growing faster than PL income for a few years. I suspect it may stabilise now, anyway.

If they are completely scrapping break-even requirements, I can see why Newcastle, for example, would vote for it. They can now invest more, until they qualify for Europe again. But are they scrapping break-even? If they are, what about debt?

Wait and see, I suppose.

it's 4.5 times the TV revenue of Luton so circa £450m to be spent on transfers,wages,agents etc. Our wage bill alone last year was £425m (granted large bonuses are in that figure) so say our wage bill is £400m it only gives us £50m to spend on transfers and agents. It massively impacts us

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.