New PL financial controls | Clubs agree squad spending cap 'in principle'

And just how does debt get taken into account on these new rules?

As an example, say Forest stop up this season.
If I am understanding these new rules correctly they could go out and saddle the club with debt that they cant afford to service but keep within the new restrictions.

The fact it might drive them out of business altogether is another point I guess but surely there has to be other controls or else sustainability just goes out of the window.

No, from what we know there is no limit on salary spread across the squad so PL clubs can still match anyone but they’d have to offset a mega earner with ‘low’ earners, dare I say it, academy graduates…

If you can find a mega-earner who is tempted to play in a team of academy graduates.

I don't have much faith in the PL implementing anything, no matter how well-intentioned, without fucking it up, tbh. Never mind, I will be dead before the PL fucks itself up big time and I will have had the best football years of my life in the last ten years bar (almost) none. So I will die happy :)

Turkeys voting for Christmas again!So does this mean it would be pointless for us to carry on selling our academy graduates each summer,as net spend would be taken out of the equation?I probably shouldn’t comment until I’ve a better understanding of the proposals but it’s f’kin nonsense isn’t it!?The best players will all end up in Saudi,playing in front of crowds of five thousand,for a million a week!Are they really that f’kin stupid!

Won't happen.

You still haven’t even attempted to explain how it will stifle competition.

And please don’t tell me everyone will go to Spain or Germany again when they’ve got more strict caps that this.

You're the one in favour of this. You explain how tying the top to the bottom will improve things for a club like City?

I know the theory is that it will level the playing field but you're assuming that the bottom clubs revenues will rise and therefore the standard of football. Whereas it will stifle the top teams.

Remember we would have known where the limit would be as soon as Luton confirmed their promotion.

So we had from June 2023 to June 2024 to plan for the limit changing and our wages going up. We will just have to balance that going forward like the club balance net spend for FFP. Every club in Europe is going to be doing this.
If it's based on TV money, then it doesn't matter who comes up. The lowest place team will get a set amount regardless, give or take a few million based on how much they're shown on TV.

Might get rid of huge bonuses, but like I said in the comment above, clubs have a years worth of time to get their ducks in a row. You can sell more, spend less, pay agents less, structure contracts differently.
A year? To change contracts that in a certain club's case still have seven years to run? The main issue with all of this is the constant changing and then expecting clubs to adapt their long-term plans to the whims of regulators that seem to change every couple of years. That was the whole BS around our first FFP failure, with UEFA deciding that these rules apply even to contracts signed before the regulations came in. No team can build a squad if you're constantly changing the rules under which they have to operate. If you want financial rules, fine. Draw them up properly. Give people at least 3 years to prepare for them. Don't introduce something you've come up with on the back of a fag packet and then change it again next season when you realise it isn't working.

La Liga is already operating a similar system and clubs like Barcelona have shown it’s still very flexible if you need to fuck about to lower your cap.
I don't think Barcelona are an example for anyone, to be honest.

It's like the Premier league actually want the top teams in the division to fuck off and form their own league.

Totally absurd idea.

You're the one in favour of this. You explain how tying the top to the bottom will improve things for a club like City?

I know the theory is that it will level the playing field but you're assuming that the bottom clubs revenues will rise and therefore the standard of football. Whereas it will stifle the top teams.

I’ve already explained the pros of it. You are the one declaring it will be a shit show and kill the premier league and the only explanation you had was players would go to Spain…because you didn’t know Spain already have a stricter system than this.

If you’re going to keep asserting it’ll be a disaster you need to actually be able to come up with a reason why.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.