New PL financial controls | Clubs agree squad spending cap 'in principle'

Unless I’m not understanding,likely, it makes no sense. If clubs that can least afford it can spend over their income and the same as us, how is that stopping them going into massive debt?
Or have I misunderstood?
My question again, then is what is to stop Brentford borrowing 350 million (actually more because of capitalisation, but let's keep it simple), making a 350 million loss and going bankrupt the same year? There must be more to it than this ......
We don’t know the details in full but as ‘halfcenturyup’ says, there is clearly more in the details.

I’d be gobsmacked if it isn’t ultimately a bolt-on to FFP/PSR rules, essentially keeping the top clubs within sight on the horizon while the smaller clubs try to grow.

Not sure what your point is?

The PL is far more successful currently than La Liga. They screwed themselves with how the tv rights are done and with their new financial restrictions.
The fact that you can’t see the point doesn’t surprise…

You rageposted that La Liga was ‘fucked’ as ‘only two teams can win’ due to spending restrictions when the PL with no spending restrictions is on course to produce the same winner 6 times out of the last 7…

The same La Liga that is ‘fucked’ is also on course to win its 2nd CL in 3 years with the ‘more successful’ PL not producing a single semi-finalist.

You rageposted that La Liga was ‘fucked’ as ‘only two teams can win’ due to spending restrictions when the PL with no spending restrictions is on course to produce the same winner 6 times out of the last 7…

The same La Liga that is ‘fucked’ is also on course to win its 2nd CL in 3 years with the ‘more successful’ PL not producing a single semi-finalist.
I don’t judge CL winning as a measure of success, two of semi finalists haven’t won their leagues this year, people have just bought into a gloried European wide League cup competition. Just look at why PL don’t produce more winners of it, more, harder matches, no winter break (that’s any good) 2 cup competitions, foreign leagues helping out their teams PL seems to actively do the opposite.

I agree with this. Plus other leagues will soften their financial rules if it means the PL becoming weakend.

I'm not so sure.

At the moment it's only Real Madrid that could benefit, but there are enough good players to support a dozen big clubs. Even if Madrid had £200m a season more than City, United, Liverpool etc., they wouldn't have enough to buy the 20 best players, and there would be plenty left to go around.

If this brings the level of competition in the league closer then you have no issues from me, if everyone can spend the exact same amount of money on players I don't really see what the issue is - if it's applied correctly.

Deliberately miss my point if you want to and go rage wank over La Liga if you like it so much.

Compared to the PL no one watches it.

We don't have to do anything - our wages are only that high because of treble winning bonuses.

We can't win a treble again this season so our wage bill will go down a lot.

Yes, that's one factor in a very complicated monitoring of wages, amortisation and loss/profit on sales and squad sizes.

This may do away with the good business practice of tying wages to success, though, because if you have more success than expected, it could throw your squad cost over the limit. No?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.