New PL financial controls | Clubs agree squad spending cap 'in principle'

Of course they're wrong @domalino has spoken.

I didn’t expect you to be posting in support of increasing season ticket prices!

After all the club decided to do it, and you’re so certain they can’t be wrong about anything ever.

Or maybe…The idea the club is faultless and never makes a wrong decision is really childish and frankly, stupid. City are a club like every other, voting for their shareholders benefit.

I didn’t expect you to be posting in support of increasing season ticket prices!

After all the club decided to do it, and you’re so certain they can’t be wrong about anything ever.
Unlike you, they're not always right.

Reactions: PPT
Also you say the main issue is the rules keep changing but they haven’t changed for 10 years.
Actually, the main issue hasn't been addressed and likely never will be. The main issue isn't us spending 10 times as much as Brighton or Crystal Palace, the issue is us having 10 times as much to spend in the first place. The massively unequal distribution of money in football is the root cause of all of these problems in every league in Europe, but there's absolutely no desire to deal with that, so we end up with these sticking plasters that make it look like we're doing something while making sure that the big clubs can indefinitely maintain their position.

La Liga have had 3 winners in 20 years at this point. The Bundesliga has had the same team win over half of the titles ever, and yet half of those wins have been since the turn of the century. Football has become less and less competitive and the direction of travel has been entirely one-way. We've got another new competition exclusively for the top clubs next year. What effect will that have on domestic competitions when €2.5bn are distributed to only the best teams (and Chelsea)? They're handing more and more money to the top clubs and then we're telling them they can't spend it. They could have given each club a modest fee and prize money and then distributed the rest of the money through the pyramid, but none of the top clubs would have taken the competition seriously, because greed rules the roost.

I thought it was looking at 85 per cent of your income was max you could spend but they said it would be 5 x max of bottom income club. So if we earned 700 mill we would be 595 mil allowance but wud be restricted to say 5 x 105 mil which be 525 mil.
obv relative to all clubs. which would close the spending gap making it slightly more competetive

? Everyone is quoting lowest PL broadcast income as the anchor, 4.5 or 5 times? Or have I missed something?

Could change I suppose.
It's just speculation at the moment. Nobody knows. Is it player wages plus net spend? Is transfer spend amortised?

Deloitte have 2022/23 wages as follows:
  • City - c. 475m euros
  • United - c.400m euros
  • Liverpool - c.425m euros
  • Chelsea - c.475m euros
  • Arsenal - c.275m euros
Arsenal clear advantage but then their net spend was higher.

The Glazers are the ones who get to vote, they’re the controlling party.

The fact Newcastle voted for this and Chelsea and United voted against should be enough to show this isn’t a topic that’s being split down American/Middle East grounds.

All clubs do vote for their own interest, but this has 17/19 clubs voting together so clearly teams from all different financial backgrounds support it.

Glazers are there now just for the dividend. Ratcliffe is in charge of all sporting decisions I believe, all the new guys are his appointments. The players will be as well.

Ratcliffe looks a guy who actually has his head screwed on.

Glazers would have voted for it, I think that would be for sure.

I think Newcastle are thinking they are being clever by hampering the top sides and as a result giving them time and help to "catch-up".

The Chelsea board are under so much heat and scrutiny at moment, I can see why they abstained from the vote.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.