New PL financial controls | Clubs agree squad spending cap 'in principle'

imo city are the best run club in the country, if we are against it we must have a very good reason to vote against it,i see only one or two think its a good idea, one is one you would expect to go against the flow, because that's what he does, , however i would love to hear from our club as to why they are against it,what is it they see that would hamper us, rather than just see we voted against it

? Everyone is quoting lowest PL broadcast income as the anchor, 4.5 or 5 times? Or have I missed something?

Could change I suppose.

It’s provisionally 6x according to the times, who had the exclusive, some clubs want it lower to either 4.5x or 5x. It’s all TBD and will be voted on again in June.

Actually, the main issue hasn't been addressed and likely never will be. The main issue isn't us spending 10 times as much as Brighton or Crystal Palace, the issue is us having 10 times as much to spend in the first place.

Oh my god this is literally addressing that!

The only way for the top clubs to spend more is to grow the revenue of the whole league so Brighton and Palace have more money, decreasing the resource gap.

Football has become less and less competitive and the direction of travel has been entirely one-way.

Gee, if only someone had a way of making sure the top clubs spending stopped accelerating away from the bottom clubs and making the sport less competitive?

Maybe by…tethering one to the other?

This rule is doing exactly what you claim to want to happen. It even addresses the CWC problem.

Actually, the main issue hasn't been addressed and likely never will be. The main issue isn't us spending 10 times as much as Brighton or Crystal Palace, the issue is us having 10 times as much to spend in the first place. The massively unequal distribution of money in football is the root cause of all of these problems in every league in Europe, but there's absolutely no desire to deal with that, so we end up with these sticking plasters that make it look like we're doing something while making sure that the big clubs can indefinitely maintain their position.

La Liga have had 3 winners in 20 years at this point. The Bundesliga has had the same team win over half of the titles ever, and yet half of those wins have been since the turn of the century. Football has become less and less competitive and the direction of travel has been entirely one-way. We've got another new competition exclusively for the top clubs next year. What effect will that have on domestic competitions when €2.5bn are distributed to only the best teams (and Chelsea)? They're handing more and more money to the top clubs and then we're telling them they can't spend it. They could have given each club a modest fee and prize money and then distributed the rest of the money through the pyramid, but none of the top clubs would have taken the competition seriously, because greed rules the roost.

What many don't recognise in the PL is that from the 16 years going from 92 to 08 when we were bought out, there was 4 different league winners, since our buyout there have been 5 different winners in the 16 years since 08, there could be 6 if Arsenal win it.

There is nothing wrong with the competitiveness in the PL. We are on dynasty mode at the moment like United was in the 90s, but it won't last forever. I am pretty sure when Pep leaves there will be a slump.

Why all of a sudden are all these laws being put in place because fans of other leagues think there is not competition anymore?

Shit idea. Needs fucking off before it begins.

Not our fault if Sheffield Utd and Burnley are shit, or Chelsea poorly run. You reap what you so, they need to man up and deal with it, fucking whinging set of cunts.

We need to go out and spend £500m on young star players in summer before all these shit arbitrary rules can come into force.

Strikes me that were in the clear with the 115 and this is the next hurdle to jump over.

This new rule will not stop Manchester City from being a top club, In fact, it will boost the club's profits to put back into the club like youth football and the ground

The Glazers are the ones who get to vote, they’re the controlling party.

The fact Newcastle voted for this and Chelsea and United voted against should be enough to show this isn’t a topic that’s being split down American/Middle East grounds.

All clubs do vote for their own interest, but this has 17/19 clubs voting together so clearly teams from all different financial backgrounds support it.

Don't you think with our club voting against it tells you it not right? They have been right all along! Maybe go back to no restrictions? What we had for 150 years. If clubs can't budget sensibly so be it!

Do you really think if there was no restrictions we would go out and spend 500m in a summer? Everything about our club is it to be run right..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.