New PL financial controls | Clubs agree squad spending cap 'in principle'

What a load of bollocks. What about a ‘draft system’ where the lowest placed ‘big X side’ (X for however low the rags finish) get first pick of the best prospects.

The Super League is looking more and more inevitable.
Pretty sure the American owners would love a draft system it's what they know and understand, and what they can manipulate.

Yeah but spend on wages, agents, transfers add ons bonuses etc. Effects teams with the biggest wage bills more
We seem to pay huge agent fees compared to most, think only Chelsea spent more last year and we were at the top the year before, not sure why ours are so high

Well bottom of the premier tv money wise isn't it around 100m? And it's five times that you can spend?
I could be wide on the mark but didn’t Bournemouth earn just £11M last year from televised games? maybe there are some other cats and dogs included but I can’t see it being anywhere near £150 to £200M

Pretty sure the American owners would love a draft system it's what they know and understand, and what they can manipulate.
Drafting in players from where? We don't have top youngsters with sports scholarships at colleges and universities in the UK.
Clubs sign players if they can dribble without dropping their dummies not when they've finished their education.

Reactions: PPT
Drafting in players from where? We don't have top youngsters with sports scholarships at colleges and universities in the UK.
Clubs sign players if they can dribble without dropping their dummies not when they've finished their education.

I don't think any player would be "owned" by a team, but the league owns the player and distributes them in accordance to agreed contracts and drafts.

Maybe not a draft system based on sports scholarship or university graduate , but maybe some sort of system where clubs have to put so many "kids" from their academy systems into a central pool that then has a type of draft on it ? Nothing would suprise me .

im not too concerned about these rules because you get put your house on it that they will change again in the blink of an eye.

The authorities are lurching from one crisis to another with no structured plan.

I could be wide on the mark but didn’t Bournemouth earn just £11M last year from televised games? maybe there are some other cats and dogs included but I can’t see it being anywhere near £150 to £200M
you're very wide of the mark. They lowest tv money for any team is circa £100m. It's why La Liga et al kicked off as they could see all the talent would come here instead of anywhere else. It's just weird that the premier league doesn't want to seize the opportunity and actually maintain being the best in the world but rather try a curtail it to let other leagues catch up

You do raise a good point though. The PL are anchoring on an unstable fake thing which is a time limited contract between TV companies and the PL. If that TV revenue contract drops by 50% then the whole system collapses and it's out of the control of the clubs then. They're better off coming up with a static number that they can alter and everyone knows where they stand

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.