New rules to tackle cocaine use by the football fan

It’s an argument but not really the same one as people attending games being tested for drugs they’ve previously taken.

Not sure what’s legally dubious about it either? No different from being found in possession of illegal drugs anywhere else. And the convicted murderer comparison makes no sense. Assuming they aren’t breaking any terms of their licence, they’re breaking no law attending a game of football. A person caught in possession of illegal drugs clearly is.
Legally dubious as the proportion of the punishment is far in excess of the crime, while more dangerous and violent criminals are treated more leniently in this social setting.

Found in possession of a drug means you are forever banned from attending a PL game is excessively puritan to me. Banned from a individual stadium that you attempted to bring drugs in, fair enough. I have never heard of a license for murder preventing attendance at a football match.

Got plenty of mates who do it and aren't really any different to when they're not on it, they're not dicks without it and don't turn into dicks with it, at least no more than booze changes their behaviour. likewise, I know plenty of complete twats that go to the games and they're twats whether they're on gear or not. I don't personally touch it so I couldn't care less but I do think it gets too much blame for people being dicks when the truth is they're just dicks fullstop. It's not as big of a problem as is being made out imo.

Really? I see them at most grounds, I can't think of many grounds I've not seen dogs.
Not all the dogs at the grounds would be drug dogs. This is merely a guess but I'd hazard to say most of the dogs, if not all, at the turnstiles and walking up and down the queues are trained for explosives. They are looking for suicide bombers, not drugs.

Not all the dogs at the grounds would be drug dogs. This is merely a guess but I'd hazard to say most of the dogs, if not all, at the turnstiles and walking up and down the queues are trained for explosives. They are looking for suicide bombers, not drugs.
The vast majority of the dogs will be drug dogs.
The last few years at the Cheltenham racing festival they have been out in serious force at the entrance to the track. Seen more than a few people and groups do a very quick about turn when approaching the entrance. Why do you need to do coke at a race meeting? It's a mystery to me.

The vast majority of the dogs will be drug dogs.
The last few years at the Cheltenham racing festival they have been out in serious force at the entrance to the track. Seen more than a few people and groups do a very quick about turn when approaching the entrance. Why do you need to do coke at a race meeting? It's a mystery to me.
That is a surprise to me. Especially after what happened at the Manchester Arena, I'd have thought the government would try and take good care that something similar didn't happen again.

Reactions: PPT
Legally dubious as the proportion of the punishment is far in excess of the crime, while more dangerous and violent criminals are treated more leniently in this social setting.

Found in possession of a drug means you are forever banned from attending a PL game is excessively puritan to me. Banned from a individual stadium that you attempted to bring drugs in, fair enough. I have never heard of a license for murder preventing attendance at a football match.

Very few banning orders are for life. Would have to be something a lot more serious than being found in possession of a bit of coke anyway.

I can’t even remember what my original point was now. But it wasn’t that I’m particularly in favour of this anyway.

It’s an argument but not really the same one as people attending games being tested for drugs they’ve previously taken.

Not sure what’s legally dubious about it either? No different from being found in possession of illegal drugs anywhere else. And the convicted murderer comparison makes no sense. Assuming they aren’t breaking any terms of their licence, they’re breaking no law attending a game of football. A person caught in possession of illegal drugs clearly is.
Yeah right.
Take an experimental shot .. and drop dead/ heart attaxk that's ok..??
Take performance enhancing drug as a premiership player...that's ok.
Take recreationam drug into football.match ......Breaking the law !!

Give your head a wobble ,and ease up a bit pal.

Why only target football fans?

I have to deal with coke heads every weekends on my trains.

Either the police do everyone or nobody.

Feels like an easy target to get the arrest figures up to me rather than doing any actual police work.

Yeah right.
Take an experimental shot .. and drop dead/ heart attaxk that's ok..??
Take performance enhancing drug as a premiership player...that's ok.
Take recreationam drug into football.match ......Breaking the law !!

Give your head a wobble ,and ease up a bit pal.

I’m not sure if you’ve replied to the post you meant to. But if you have I’ve absolutely no idea what your comment has to do with anything I’ve said?

Why only target football fans?

I have to deal with coke heads every weekends on my trains.

Either the police do everyone or nobody.

Feels like an easy target to get the arrest figures up to me rather than doing any actual police work.

Probably right about that.

It would be fairer on everyone if dickehead cokeheads had to be put down then and there though.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.