New server

Lemmy said:
Ric said:
Apologies for the problems we've been having recently with SQL errors, and the site being down. Obviously there's an unprecedented amount of traffic on Bluemoon at the moment, which has caused the problems. I've invested in a new dedicated server to stop these problems happening in future, which should be set up in the next few days. It means there may be a bit of downtime at some point this week whilst everything is migrated over but it'll be worth it in the long run. Will try to keep disruption to a minimum though.

Cheers,
Ric
Ric, i dont think you've thought this through as per. I hope you using a bladed architecture and one thats virtualized for obvious reason's. May i suggest you go for a robust flavor of Unix, with some colonel harding for some extra stability. This site is up and down like whores pair of knickers at the moment. ****!

OBVIOUSLY! err wtf mate.

Started to migrate everything to the new server now, but it will take time for nameservers to propagate around the world. Means we're gong to end up with a forum still running on the old server, and a forum running on the new server. There's going to be some overlap so if you notice some threads going miss it's because they're out of synch.

I realise that probably means less than fuck all to many of you, just trying to prevent the avalanche of PMs that I'll get.

Ric said:
Started to migrate everything to the new server now, but it will take time for nameservers to propagate around the world. Means we're gong to end up with a forum still running on the old server, and a forum running on the new server. There's going to be some overlap so if you notice some threads going miss it's because they're out of synch.

I realise that probably means less than fuck all to many of you, just trying to prevent the avalanche of PMs that I'll get.

No fooking Chance!!!!

Lemmy said:
Ric said:
Apologies for the problems we've been having recently with SQL errors, and the site being down. Obviously there's an unprecedented amount of traffic on Bluemoon at the moment, which has caused the problems. I've invested in a new dedicated server to stop these problems happening in future, which should be set up in the next few days. It means there may be a bit of downtime at some point this week whilst everything is migrated over but it'll be worth it in the long run. Will try to keep disruption to a minimum though.

Cheers,
Ric
Ric, i dont think you've thought this through as per. I hope you using a bladed architecture and one thats virtualized for obvious reason's. May i suggest you go for a robust flavor of Unix, with some colonel harding for some extra stability. This site is up and down like whores pair of knickers at the moment. ****!

pmsl - like it.

Cheers Ric for all your efforts; still the best Football forum on the web, bar none!

Lemmy said:
Ric said:

Cheers,
Ric

Fuck, you beat me to that one...I was just going to say I hope you using a bladed architecture and one thats virtualized for obvious reason's. I was also going to suggest you go for a robust flavor of Unix, with some colonel harding for some extra stability. But then I thought that 802.3ab mode would be best, assuming your switch and the servers on the other end support it. However, if you are going from one server to one iSCSI host, you likely won't get any performance benefit from multiple NIC bonding. The load balancing will typically send one source to one destination down a single path. You only get increased performance with multiple sources and/or multiple destinations, that can travel down different single paths. A bond is two line speed links, not one double line speed link. I think round-robin actually divided the flow evenly between links, but I don't think that works through a switch (or don't think any switches support it, which might mean traffic will evenly enter through two ports but get delivered only to a single port). It might work between two crossover connected round-robin hosts. ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.