New Shirt Sponsor: £50mill A Year?

For me SABIC, because
1. they have money to pay us
2. to piss off everybody considering where they are from
3. for irony of it, considering what they do - and to piss off even more everybody who hates us and what we achieved since takeover

Reading back my ramble post on this thread, I'm glad I've written down the information I collected somewhere.

Assuming we do switch shirt sponsor. If United's trampy, out of the way training campus and training kit sponsorship was worth £15m in 2014, without selling off the naming rights to the old toilet:

How much could City get for their stadium naming rights, state of the art training ground(which attracts tourists itself) and training kit sponsorship, once it's split off in 2021 or beyond? £30m seems fair.

Isn't it dodgy, how soon after City signed their "controversial deal" in 2011, United suddenly sign an inflated shirt sponsorship and an inflated training ground sponsorship a couple of years later? £80m a season combined, while they were on the slide, playing trash football. They can say "This is Manchester United" all they like, it simply doesn't add up. That's way more than £45m a season, and comfortably more than the increase to £65m which some believe occurred a few years back and they weren't even offering as much.

Next time any journalist or rival fan trots out inflated deals and "unlimited funds", I'm going to point out what happened in 2014, along with what UEFA's auditors said about the Etihad deal that same year.

Last edited:
If we win the whole lot this season it would certainly be an opportune time to renegotiate or change our sponsorship set up.

Hopefully Amazon are knocking on the door.
amazon.jpg

Would look fucking awful on the shirt. The orange would have to go as well.

I remember these deals being capped as part of the attempt to stop inward investment in city by the architects of ffp. Until then, you just got however much a sponsor was willing to pay. It changed to a 'reasonable' amount based on how attractive a club was to sponsors - at the time this was obviously the old sky 4 so in effect a licence to print money for the old guard. With what we have won in the last 10 years we can presumably now justify many times what the rags or Arsenal get? - personally I hope they rebrand etihad airlines as sports wash airways and sponsor our shrts for 200m a season just to troll the bitter cunts.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210322_140211.jpg
    Screenshot_20210322_140211.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20210322_140258.jpg
    Screenshot_20210322_140258.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20210322_140330.jpg
    Screenshot_20210322_140330.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 35

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.