New signings to be presented (Sunday 10th July)

No one would moan if it’s done logically. As many have said open Colin bell stand, let people in and all take a seat and nobody would miss out, first come first served scramble hasn’t been learnt on that approach with the season tickets! The grealish one was a shambles so people will piss and moan, not through their nature but through piss poor planning
Mate the whole fucking thing is a bit fucking daft. He’ll be playing for us in a few weeks.
Who needs to go down and hang around bored for two hours until the new players drop some media trained platitudes to Natalie Pike and Fanzone Danny?
But I guess its all about marketing, social media and ‘engagement’. It’s for kids at the end of the day
Meanwhile, Sky and the BBC snides will be down there with their microphones tomorrow, mocking it while pretending to be subtle.
The club shop refusing to let people print a ‘Haaland 9’ shirt until 11am tomorrow is another thing that is pretty stupid. Everyone knows already.
It’s going to be a scorcher tomorrow. I’d rather do something more fun and useful and catch up on the club website

I’m not miserable c*nt. I appreciate the importance of the event. Those who get in will love it. But it’s an on-going trait at City. They always over think events/things and make them more complicated than they should be. No doubt City would mention the pitch, etc. But 3 players walking on to the pitch, waving, kicking a few balls, and doing short interviews isn’t going to cause any damage to the pitch. As for the CBS. Open the doors early doors. Opens the bars early. Allow the fans to have a drink and something to eat before taking their seats. Do the presentations in a wonderful stadium looking superb in the sun and warm weather. Everyone gets in. Everyone is happy. An occasion enjoyed by every City fan. But no, City have to make it a lottery, with fans upset they can’t get in the CFA to see the players being presented to the lucky City fans who get in.
I don’t disagree with you, jrb. It’s a kind of hybrid event at the moment.

They could probably charge a quid for fans to go in too.

Mate the whole fucking thing is a bit fucking daft. He’ll be playing for us in a few weeks.
Who needs to go down and hang around bored for two hours until the new players drop some media trained platitudes to Natalie Pike and Fanzone Danny?
But I guess its all about marketing, social media and ‘engagement’. It’s for kids at the end of the day
Meanwhile, Sky and the BBC snides will be down there with their microphones tomorrow, mocking it while pretending to be subtle.
The club shop refusing to let people print a ‘Haaland 9’ shirt until 11am tomorrow is another thing that is pretty stupid. Everyone knows already.
It’s going to be a scorcher tomorrow. I’d rather do something more fun and useful and catch up on the club website
I completely agree, but when you have kids desperate to go then you have to bite the bullet. Not remotely interested myself however I’d like to think it would be organised better. Grealish one was terrible, monsoon weather and us poor bastard who waited hours and got an ok spot then watched on as later on they opened the sides up to late comers. Shit show and if it can’t be done properly then I’d rather they not do it than disappoint kids which it’s then it’s aimed at.

Also read wasnt they going training after it? Why not just have an open session? Miles better

I completely agree, but when you have kids desperate to go then you have to bite the bullet. Not remotely interested myself however I’d like to think it would be organised better. Grealish one was terrible, monsoon weather and us poor bastard who waited hours and got an ok spot then watched on as later on they opened the sides up to late comers. Shit show and if it can’t be done properly then I’d rather they not do it than disappoint kids which it’s then it’s aimed at.
Yes mate, fair points. I still might have to go in fact, to take my niece and nephew. Honestly don’t see the point but as you said, it’s not aimed at us.
I think the club have done the best they can in the circumstances but given the weather forecast tomorrow they might well have underestimated the numbers, especially if families en route to the Euros game stop off. Think theres also a big charity abseil down the side of the stadium tomorrow as well so most of them will probably be sticking around after

Pitch being rebuilt after the concerts. And CFA unavailable due to the Euros

Posted a picture a few weeks ago of the pitch and the grass growing. Should be ok by now.

OK, forget the training session. 4 players being presented on the pitch won’t damage it.

Everyone gets a seat. Good views of the players. Etc.

Thought about going down tomorrow, but can’t be arsed queuing up.

Rather let some young City fan get in instead. Limited places.

Posted a picture a few weeks ago of the pitch and the grass growing. Should be ok by now.

OK, forget the training session. 4 players being presented on the pitch won’t damage it.

Everyone gets a seat. Good views of the players. Etc.

Thought about going down tomorrow, but can’t be arsed queuing up.

Rather let some young City fan get in instead. Limited places.
Thats fair enough jrb

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.