New striker?

Ok, shooting from the hip and just putting it out there but what about neymar? 28/29, going nowhere fast and out of contract next year I believe. Is a known admirer of pep (not sure on pep's opinion of him to be fair!) and partners jesus for Brasil. He could also do a job across most of the front line. Not sure on his scoring stats but I assume he scores a few and has played at an elite level. If he is entering the final year of his contract as I believe then signing on fee/wages could be obtainable?
I'd love that but surely it'd highly unlikely.

(I might not like it so much if he'd act like a fool on or off the pitch. Probably naively I think he could be well behaved if his motivation is there and Pep, Fernandinho and Jesus help him)

Yes thats what im hoping. Both Ake and Torres have made comment on Pep and what it means to sign for him, so im hoping bbehind the scenes Pep has assured them he isnt about to bugger off.

Torres, Ake, and Couto, and probably Ait-Nouri, Aouar, perhaps even Almada. An awful lot of investment in young players if you think your manager is about to weigh anchor.

I think we need another striker this season, whether that is Sergio's long term replacement or just cover and another option. Ideally, a dzeko type to offer an alternative when pinging the bsll round the box filled with defenders. We previously showed some interest in Llorente, so that planB striker consideration has not gone unnoticed. Who that would be, that is the hard part. Someone prepared to not be first choice.
Then can look for Sergio's replacement properly ahead of next season.

I agree but some of the prices being mentioned are eye watering even for us and lets not kid ourselves on if Haarland has a bang average season he still will go for £100 million plus, I watched Édouard a fair bit last season, he's big and strong with a good turn of speed, a good first touch, definitely knows the way to goal and I would imagine be available for about £30 -35 million

He’ll have a 60 million release clause next season. Dortmund had no choice but to accept that when signing him. So it won’t be hundred. There’d just be a lot of offers. It’ll probably come down to who can pay his agent more.

Injury free agreed he would score goals for fun but keeping arry fit is the issue and at 150m that's one hell of a gamble, even with our wealth.

Currently has glass ankles. I wouldn’t take the gamble. It’d just be like the frustration of not Kun available for a full season.

Currently has glass ankles. I wouldn’t take the gamble. It’d just be like the frustration of not Kun available for a full season.
Also it worries me that he is a London boy through and through, Arry may not like it up narth

I think we need another striker this season, whether that is Sergio's long term replacement or just cover and another option. Ideally, a dzeko type to offer an alternative when pinging the bsll round the box filled with defenders. We previously showed some interest in Llorente, so that planB striker consideration has not gone unnoticed. Who that would be, that is the hard part. Someone prepared to not be first choice.
Then can look for Sergio's replacement properly ahead of next season.

I’d agree. We don’t really need to break the bank but just find someone that can provide a bit of cover and another option. We seem to do a lot of business with Jorge Mendes, so I wonder what the situation is with someone like Andre Silva? Seems to be floating between clubs but has a bit of height and can score. Not advocating him in particular just someone with that other dimension.

He’ll have a 60 million release clause next season. Dortmund had no choice but to accept that when signing him. So it won’t be hundred. There’d just be a lot of offers. It’ll probably come down to who can pay his agent more.

I think Raiola would have a big say in where Halland moves to. He took some 25 mil from Dortmund for Halland and another 25 mil for Pogba and he will try to milk a similar amount whenever Halland moves next. United who are famously stupid in the transfer window got rid of him. Will City entertain him ? He is the agent of Balotelli as well so City may have some cache but with agent like Raiola one would never know

I think Raiola would have a big say in where Halland moves to. He took some 25 mil from Dortmund for Halland and another 25 mil for Pogba and he will try to milk a similar amount whenever Halland moves next. United who are famously stupid in the transfer window got rid of him. Will City entertain him ? He is the agent of Balotelli as well so City may have some cache but with agent like Raiola one would never know
City, or any other club, should have nothing to do with Raiola. Absolute parasite.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.