New striker?

Like for like replacement for Kun is not possible....but replacement for his goals is.

Step forward St ‘Arry of the Etihad & watch the piss boil.

Injury free, he’s 30/40 goals a season and the arrow head of a strong spine.

Chuck Levi £90m upfront + achievement payments + a couple of squadies or yoofs.

C’mon Kool Hand Khaldoon nail it and we’re good to torch it !

✌️
Injury free agreed he would score goals for fun but keeping arry fit is the issue and at 150m that's one hell of a gamble, even with our wealth.

I think signing a striker should definitely be a high priority for Khaldoon and co.

I don't think it will happen this season personally. I don't mind waiting as long as we identify the ideal replacement.

The only options i would consider to replace Aguero would be Haaland, Mbappe and Harry Kane. Aguero is a truly special player, we have to make sure we bring in the right player no matter the cost for me.

I would be happy for City to get another CB and possibly a LB this summer and call it at that, then spend our whole transfer budget next season on a world class striker. I know Txiki and co have their prices for players, but i think there is no harm in treating ourselves to Harrods every once in a while. A replacement for Aguero should come at a very big price.
I don't get this " should come at a very big price" thing. As long as he is the right player for us and our team, I don't care if we shop at pound land.

Some real top strikers have been found down in the lower leagues and cost thruppence.

Forget the it must cost £100m plus to replace Aguero, just get the right player

I don't get this " should come at a very big price" thing. As long as he is the right player for us and our team, I don't care if we shop at pound land.

Some real top strikers have been found down in the lower leagues and cost thruppence.

Forget the it must cost £100m plus to replace Aguero, just get the right player

Agreed and that player may be available now

Price may also be right now due to impact of Covid

I disagree. I don't get the criticism of Mahrez, i think he is a brilliant player personally.

Had we have played Mahrez a lot more throughout the season instead of persisting with Bernardo Silva on the right wing, i think we would have done a lot better and been on a better points tally, definitely.

Mahrez started 21 games and scored 11 goals, assisting 9 times in the premier league. Had he have started a similar amount to Sterling (around 30 games), he would have arguably scored about 15-16 goals and assisted about 13-14 goals altogether at the very minimum. Could have even contributed more than that.

If you weigh it up, he has contributed as much as Sterling this season. Sterling has 20 goals and 1 assist in 30 starts in the premier league. Compare that ratio to Mahrez and i would say Mahrez has certainly contributed more. It isn't like Mahrez isn't involved in build up to goals either. I bet he has numerous pre-assists which aren't recorded.

He is a vastly, VASTLY underrated player. We are lucky to have him. Joy to watch.

Completely agree with this. Mahrez is an excellent player, with stats to back him up as well. People tend to focus on those times he cuts inside and his shot is blocked, rather than the goals, assists, movement and passing

Don't think it'd happen until next summer but Haaland has to be at the top of our list.
My worry in leaving until Kun goes is that the selling club will know we’re even more desperate. I’d rather get everything set this year and no one in next, especially with FFP over 4 years die to covid

With Sergio coming to the end of his Manchester City career. We will be needing a new striker with experience of playing top level football. Better to bring him this close season and allow him to have a season with us.

Who is good enough and available at the right price that is a tough sued to answer. I was thinking of Dybala but I don't think that his club will sell him.
You even got the word ‘sued’ in to thread on a new striker.

My worry in leaving until Kun goes is that the selling club will know we’re even more desperate. I’d rather get everything set this year and no one in next, especially with FFP over 4 years die to covid
True but reportedly Haaland has a release clause next summer so whoever triggers it will have to negotiate with him. If BVB don't renegotiate then he's free to pick from whichever club pays up.

I watched some of the inter game last night and I have no idea what the fuss is all about with the kid martinez
I agree. Whenever I've seen him he plays the 10 role, but regular observers will know whether that's his natural position or that's the role he plays to accommodate Lukaku.

Completely agree with this. Mahrez is an excellent player, with stats to back him up as well. People tend to focus on those times he cuts inside and his shot is blocked, rather than the goals, assists, movement and passing
Because it happens 267 times a game.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.