New striker?

The last three games have shown that we need one. The last three games have also shown that whoever comes in would have to be incredibly special. That player not only needs to be clinical but also incredibly intelligent off the ball and technically fantastic on it. We’re now operating at such a high team level that finding the diamond for the tip is not going to be easy.

The last three games have shown that we need one. The last three games have also shown that whoever comes in would have to be incredibly special. That player not only needs to be clinical but also incredibly intelligent off the ball and technically fantastic on it. We’re now operating at such a high team level that finding the diamond for the tip is not going to be easy.
That's what frustrates me about this striker debate. Being the striker in our set up is going to be an incredibly difficult position. The intelligence needed and close ball skills needed are unbelievable. The debate of just drop X and stick in a striker and he will score is a difficult one, the way the team plays as a whole together is so intricate, i dont think its possible for a traditional number nine to fit into it.

As a plan B we can have someone we chuck the ball up to as an old fashioned number 9 but to be a starter ... well! When you look at it i think that is why Aguero struggled with it last year when he played too and he is the best i've seen, instinct and movement.

That's what frustrates me about this striker debate. Being the striker in our set up is going to be an incredibly difficult position. The intelligence needed and close ball skills needed are unbelievable. The debate of just drop X and stick in a striker and he will score is a difficult one, the way the team plays as a whole together is so intricate, i dont think its possible for a traditional number nine to fit into it.

As a plan B we can have someone we chuck the ball up to as an old fashioned number 9 but to be a starter ... well! When you look at it i think that is why Aguero struggled with it last year when he played too and he is the best i've seen, instinct and movement.
Indeed. There are many good conventional strikers but their inclusion would come with a sizeable trade-off, namely a drop in our ability to control the ball, dominate possession, and exhaust the opponent. The fact that Aguero, Jesus, and Sterling have all found playing that role difficult tells us that finding the crown jewel is not going to be easy.

Any half decent striker would get a shed load of goals in this team,so while id still do everything in my power to attract Haaland,im not convinced we need a world class type......which leads me to Ivan Toney at Brentford - he's a handful,he's industrious,he's very ambitious,and he can put the ball in the net.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.